Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A selection of cameras, in no particular order.
(01-09-2023, 06:17 PM)Kenj Wrote: Not the camera that is too heavy. It's the bag with the lenses. I do try to anticipate what lens I would need to use and get it wrong. Grrr! Then, sometimes there is the tripod Sad  Then the flash, maybe, spare battery, filters, Uncle Tom Cobbley et al.

But when I think back to when I was doing weddings using film with 35mm and medium format cameras in the 80's and 90's, these modern ones are pretty light,

I'm mainly out shooting nature these days. For short walks I have a shoulder bag converted to a waist bag that fits the basics (batteries, wallet phone and a small lens). For bigger adventures I add a clamshell backpack that works well but is heavy enough to be annoying. Camera-wise I'm used to the weight around my neck and actually appreciate the weight of the big lens (Canon 100-400mm) as it helps to counter camera shake. I now mainly use that lens on the 90D for which I don't yet have a battery grip. The single battery lasts for ages so I haven't needed the extra one that the grip offers, but after being used to the battery grip on the 700D I'm missing the balance it provides for the big lens. For what I do I don't need flashes and the only filter is CPL which stays on all the time. Tripods are something I should use more, but generally get away with going without.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A selection of cameras, in no particular order. - by SueDonim - 09-09-2023, 11:31 AM