Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can go out and buy ya crackers now.
Thumbs Down 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1268562...e-displays

Will the day ever come, when someone puts their brain into gear, to stop the public sale of these things.

Why would we keep being allowed to buy the things that terrorises our poor we furbabies, not to mention that they can maim people.
Because the stupid people rule sometimes.

With luck though it will rain heavily every night for the next month. Auckland would be the better for it.
I know i'm in the minority now but I actually like the old backyard fireworks. Haven't done so for years for the record, prefer the civic events nowadays

But we have three dogs and we keep them tucked up safe and sound inside. But what irritates me is people letting them off before and after guy fawkes night when you haven't got the pups tucked.

I would like to see allowing sale but in a licensed way, where ID and addresses are recorded and complaints can be investigated, make it $50 bucks for a license which should eliminate the idiots and cover the investigative costs. Recorded addresses should make it lot easier to track down rule breakers...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
We had someone letting off last year's leftovers, a couple of nights ago, and the same people doubtlessly will buy enough to carry on through next year.
I do have other cameras!
(02-11-2021, 12:25 PM)king1 Wrote: I know i'm in the minority now but I actually like the old backyard fireworks. Haven't done so for years for the record, prefer the civic events nowadays

But we have three dogs and we keep them tucked up safe and sound inside.  But what irritates me is people letting them off before and after guy fawkes night when you haven't got the pups tucked.

I would like to see allowing sale but in a licensed way, where ID and addresses are recorded and complaints can be investigated, make it $50 bucks for a license which should eliminate the idiots and cover the investigative costs.  Recorded addresses should make it lot easier to track down rule breakers...
I remember them as a kid, with fondness. I was allowed sparklers, and I thought they were ace.
I remember our fence being set alight by the neighbours, and being triggered right back to a house fire back in 79...

Even the smell of them sets me off. But they are pretty...
Yep, not keen on fireworks as I've both a cat & a dog. And as King says, its the sods who let them off at other times too, who cause upset animals.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Don't forget to bring your pets indoors tonight.