Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UserScripts for TradeMe?
I'm selling a bunch of stuff. Most of it is pick up only but some of it I'm kinda-happy to ship. (Pro tip, don't use Aramex) What I'd love is to be able to get more info on the items I'm selling, like an icon for pickup, and for shipping. 

[Image: PRFXq6cszk.png]

Has anyone found a userscript that can add that info to the page?

Or is there a better page to view current listings?
(06-11-2021, 09:39 AM)sarahk Wrote: I'm selling a bunch of stuff. Most of it is pick up only but some of it I'm kinda-happy to ship. (Pro tip, don't use Aramex) What I'd love is to be able to get more info on the items I'm selling, like an icon for pickup, and for shipping. 

[Image: PRFXq6cszk.png]

Has anyone found a userscript that can add that info to the page?

Or is there a better page to view current listings?
Hi Sarah, and welcome to this site. It's lovely to see you.

I can't help you with your question, however, I'd like to comment about Aramex. I sell on TM, under this same username, and I use TM's BAC all the time, and mostly it's Aramex I use, and I can honestly say, that I have never had any issues with them, in all the years I've been selling on TM.

Sadly, I believe that it is a handful of drivers, who are letting the side down, and not Aramex the business.
i'm not entirely sure I understand what it is you're looking for but here is my list of user scripts, you could look up and see if any suit...
one or two of them are old and no longer work with the new TM look  ie the list view
Maybe it will help you

This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I'd say the contrary, the drivers are fine. Facebook is full of personal stories.

My experience:

Bought something from the Storage Box for $40
Courier tried to deliver but street numbers in my street are f'ed up
parcel goes into problem deliveries - all good so far
I get text message with my tracking number
I go online to check and confirm

I can only get the bare minimum of info so I decide to create an account and click the link - go to a dead zendesk account
I call and stay on hold endlessly
Eventually, get to a CSR on a really bad VOIP connection with frequent 10s static blasts
After 5 attempts the CSR readdresses my parcel - to a non-existent address
CSR asks for my phone number even though it should be visible as caller id, and Aramex have already sent me a text
CSR tells me it'll be marked for urgent delivery and I'll receive it in the next SEVEN days.

Next day the tracking info shows as still in problem freight with a new timestamp
I call back - make no progress. I hit up Aramex on twitter.

The days click by, every day the parcel has a new timestamp
I call back - finally find out which parcel, had thought it might have been from overseas, not something sent across the city

More comms with twitter, a complaint to Storage Box and another call to Aramex who tell me they don't have a local number and all they can do is send emails.

Eventually, it gets marked for delivery and the next day I get a call from a very confused courier trying to deliver to the non-existent address. He was pleasant and helpful. Not his fault the call centre has minimal information and minimal influence.

Contrast that to DHL
Courier tried to deliver but street numbers in my street are f'ed up
parcel goes into problem deliveries
I get text message with my tracking number
I go online to check and confirm - the message says to call
I call and talk to a local CSR who types up notes about how to deliver
The next day the courier delivers.

(06-11-2021, 10:11 AM)king1 Wrote: i'm not entirely sure I understand what it is you're looking for but here is my list of user scripts, you could look up and see if any suit...
one or two of them are old and no longer work with the new TM look  ie the list view
Maybe it will help you
Hi

That's a good list you have there. Tools and tweaks look the most promising.

Because they don't use ajax calls the options are bit more limited.
You only have to go onto TM and see how people complain about Aramex. But, there are so many of us who use Aramex regularly, who simply have no problems.

Your experience was the exception, and unfortunately, they let you down.

These are exceptional times too, in that all couriers are inundated with parcels that have backlogged due to covid, and inevitably, there will be mistakes happen, and a parcel will go awol. I think that a certain amount of understanding doesn't go amiss. Your issue was with one parcel, one time. You got DHL on the right day. Who knows whether they have parcels that go awol as well.

As for facebook, well, I believe very little that I see there. And lets face it, the world is full of moaners, who would moan about anything, even if the backside was on fire, they'd still moan.
(06-11-2021, 10:33 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: As for facebook, well, I believe very little that I see there. 
My facebook friends are real people who I actually know, have their phone numbers, would normally see in person at least once a year, can hit up for a favour. If they recount a personal experience I believe them.
(06-11-2021, 11:01 AM)sarahk Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 10:33 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: As for facebook, well, I believe very little that I see there. 
My facebook friends are real people who I actually know, have their phone numbers, would normally see in person at least once a year, can hit up for a favour. If they recount a personal experience I believe them.
the other side of that coin, my wife has a couple of facebook friends, real friends, and they have completely bought into all the anti vaxxer rubbish out there, now including the poor me we are being persecuted for our beliefs by the big bad government rubbish.  

you get all types of peeps on Facebook (un)fortunately
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-11-2021, 10:11 AM)king1 Wrote: one or two of them are old and no longer work with the new TM look  ie the list view

As the person that badly coded that list view enforcer all those years ago, I'm surprised it worked for as long as it did. Should probably unpublish the scripts if I can remember the logins...

Have pretty much avoided the new look of TradeMe by going over to BidBud (not a huge fan, tbh, but it works).
Just taken a look at that too, they don't use ajax either which makes it harder to access my own data and do stuff with it.
Just trying to get my head around what you're after.

At the moment, if you go to https://www.trademe.co.nz/MyTradeMe/Sell/Current.aspx it brings up a list of your own auctions.

On this page, you'd like it to show more info, icons, etc just for you? Correct?

Definitely do-able with userscripts, but no doubt a little clunky - would need to download the relevant auction page to pull in the useful info. Life would be much easier if they made their API a little more open for such small things without all the hoop jumping!
I've just discovered that listings started on my phone don't have the "send sellers info" option selected and with 23 listings (and more to come) I'd like to be able to see at a glance if I've fixed that or not.

Some items I've got for pickup only, others I've said I'll ship. I'd like to be able to see that on the summary page.