Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cameras
Hi there - as you might guess from my nick, cameras, particularly film cameras, are my particular interest. I try to use each camera I aquire, and also repair those which are showing their age. Does anyone else here share my interest?
Yes, i shoot a bit of film.
I have an olympus XA3 and XA4, a pentax spotmatic and a couple of kodak instamatics.
The new Kodak Ektachrome is great, and I encourage anyone to start shooting it and keep this product on the market.
(20-02-2020, 12:17 PM)Admin Wrote: Yes, i shoot a bit of film.
I have an olympus XA3 and XA4, a pentax spotmatic and a couple of kodak instamatics.
The new Kodak Ektachrome is great, and I encourage anyone to start shooting it and keep this product on the merket.
I had an XA, but sold it after putting a couple of films through it. I use digital for colour, and monochrome in the film cameras - I process it myself, and scan the negatives. Commercial film processing has become expensive.
Yes film processing is expensive, especially for E6.
You can buy kits to do it cheaper and there are some real neat arduino powered film labs coming on the market, probably will see an open source one with plans before long.
Just bought a couple of film cameras from an Op Shop. $5 each. At that price you can't go wrong really Smile
(19-10-2021, 12:26 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Just bought a couple of film cameras from an Op Shop. $5 each. At that price you can't go wrong really Smile
Agreed, ive found some real bargains in some Op-Shops and no one was wanting these for so long, but now some models fetch stupid money.
I was shocked to see 2 Olympus XA series cameras sell for $300 on TM!
Some film cameras I have owned:
Kodak 116 box brownie
Kodak 620 box brownie
Bilora Radix 35mm karat cassette (16 frames per cassette)
Agilux Agimatic 35mm rangefinder with 2 interchangeable lenses
Canon Dial 35 half frame
Pentax ES
Seagull Twin lens reflex
I don't have any old cameras, but for my work I do have a Sony FX6 cinema camera, and a Sony A7S III mirrorless camera. Maybe not very exciting to you collectors, but I love them Big Grin
'07 saw us do a trip to the U K, needed a camera so purchased a D80 Nikon with 18 -135 lens, costing $2500.00 from Hill & Stewart.
Used it for many a family get together etc.
Sold it this year for 250.00 to someone involved in the Racing Industry.
I have a pentax spotmatic and a bunch of lenses for it.
Still takes nice photos and the light meter still works well.
Since I was last here, the cameras have been multiplying. Among the additions is a Fed 5C - a rangefinder camera manufactured in the Ukraine. This one is from the last year of production, 1996, and looks almost unused. This could be because a key part of the rangefinder was broken. I repaired the part by splinting it with thin sheet brass, glued on with J B Weld.
Another camera that joined the fleet is an Exakta RTL1000. This is not, exactly, an Exakta. It's a modified L series Praktica, quite likely released before any of the L series. This camera has a shutter release on the left, to allow the use of older automatic Exakta lenses, and a modified Praktica style release on the right.
[attachment=2]

Test
I do have other cameras!