Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Blacklists
Realised that with Trade Me's board closing down, I won't know who to blacklist!

Always enjoyed people moaning about some woeful trader they've had to deal with, or better yet, the ones that outed themselves not realising that they themselves were the woeful trader.

Going through the current blacklist, there's a few with perfectly good feedback that make you wonder why they got on the blacklist in the first place, but there's some shockers. Most have smartly stopped using their account, but as we're not on TM, here's a freebie: "russia94"
that is one area I feel will be good here, you can actually discuss bad traders without fear of the establishment. personally i just blacklist on TM if i get dicked around by someone
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I have a handful on my blacklist, some of them I can remember why they are there, but the earlier ones, I can't. There has only been one person, who I blacklisted because of what they said on the boards, but everyone else has been because of a trade gone awry, or someone has been nasty.

I just wish that I knew that I could have challenged some of the ones who gave me red faces, as all four of them are from waaaayyyy back when I was still 'in training as far as being a seller goes. Out of the 4 reds, and 4 blues I have, I can honestly say that maybe 2 of them, I deserved, coz I stuffed up big time and I knew it.
Well, I do have two decent sized hands...
A blacklist should be on a thread that isn't indexed by Google. Create an "underground" or private section. How often do people who are blacklisted actually turn up on your threads?

The ideal would be to have a feed of all the bad names and when you open a trademe page a script runs that compares all the usernames on the page to the feed and marks them accordingly.