Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A smartphone mainly for QR codes...
(14-11-2021, 12:37 PM)Me+Me I have been using and scanning from the day the app was introduced. Download direct from internet. No need for app store. Wrote:
(14-11-2021, 07:56 AM)Outsider Wrote: I'm unfamiliar with Smartphones and don't think it's worth getting one just to scan a couple of codes each week. Even if you use the WiFi connection at home to get the Covid app, don't you have to pay for a monthly plan on the phone? So as well as the cost of the phone, I'd also have to pay so much a month to use it for scanning the QR codes - is that right?
Your monthly plan can be as low as $9 on skinny mobile.
Yes you'd have to pay the cost of the phone, (buy one lol).
NO NO NO any use of the App is FREE.  It does NOT require any kind of connection to scan codes......The Govt wants people to scan codes and they have for that reason NOT made it so you have to pay to do that.  That would be counter productive.

(14-11-2021, 07:13 AM)captaingraham Wrote: Huawei y5 $160, does everything I need and a great camera.
Huawei may not be able to access Google play store and thus not be able to download the QR Covid app.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A smartphone mainly for QR codes... - by captaingraham - 15-11-2021, 10:04 AM