Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficult to comprehend really
(17-11-2021, 07:28 PM)egem Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 06:57 PM)Me+Me Wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/a...fornia-cdc

You wanna take that chance ?
Are you a parent ?
I am, (my kids are grown up now), and I'd NOT take that chance.
Its simple;  The Vax is VERY VERY SAFE  - Over SEVEN BILLION people have had it.  The odds of bad effects are MINISCULE.

Meanwhile in other news over 5 MILLION people have died from Covid and F*ck knows how many are suffering collateral, quite often severe damage which is quite often very long term in it's effects.

Vaccinated people have MUCH lower chance of catching and passing on Covid. 
Vaccinated people have MUCH lower chance of having severe effects from Covid.

You'd have to be stupid to take a bet against that.

That's one irresponsible, possibly not very bright teacher, and a classroom full of young unvaccinated children. The teacher in the article I quoted teaches high school - so year 7 up - and has volunteered to have a covid test weekly. Not the same scenario at all. 

Plus none of what you have said negates my comments you quoted.

Not the same scenario?  you can't see how one could possibly lead on to the other?  the teacher in your article is completely responsible? won't make mistakes or inadvertently forget the mask, decide to go to work when under the weather? You know this and can guarantee this...   If you believe this you are blinded by your own false beliefs. 

as for your questions that someone negated to negate - maybe it's because the people that really know the answer to that are the doctors and scientists, not some minion antivaxxer trying to sound clever by copy and paste
(17-11-2021, 08:30 PM)Big Daddio Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 07:44 PM)Kay2021 Wrote: Sure and between there are the don't knows, the hesitant, the truly bad experience, the completely new experience, the procedure phobic, the waiting to see, the lack of trust, the my body is a temple, the suffered a loss, the high anxiety, the take on death,  and things we cannot conceive of as its not been in our experience, people.  Seems to me that pro and the anti miss most of that.  This is different format to trade me, takes some getting use to.  Thanks for replying.
Hey all, this has been a great thread to read through - I would just like add my perspective, provax for the record.

of that nice and very thorough list of inbetweeners you've come up with, other than the fact that it is probably a very very small percentage, I would have thought most of those groups would be just trying to get on with their lives, maybe coping with the anxieties of being unvaccinated, or whatever the anxiety is that keeps them from getting vaccinated, but these folks probably would if they could. It seems to me the antivaxxers are the ones out on forums and message boards trying to justify there antivacinatedness (is that a thing?) and presumably trying to convince others its a bad idea to get vaccinated. 

How I see it, by your very presence here you are confirming your antivaxxer status... just my 2 cents

fuck i'm a rookie?  couldn't you come up with a better name than that.
By my presence here I confirm that???  Ok if that is how you see it, thats how you see it
(17-11-2021, 09:33 PM)Kay2021 Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 08:30 PM)Big Daddio Wrote: Hey all, this has been a great thread to read through - I would just like add my perspective, provax for the record.

of that nice and very thorough list of inbetweeners you've come up with, other than the fact that it is probably a very very small percentage, I would have thought most of those groups would be just trying to get on with their lives, maybe coping with the anxieties of being unvaccinated, or whatever the anxiety is that keeps them from getting vaccinated, but these folks probably would if they could. It seems to me the antivaxxers are the ones out on forums and message boards trying to justify there antivacinatedness (is that a thing?) and presumably trying to convince others its a bad idea to get vaccinated. 

How I see it, by your very presence here you are confirming your antivaxxer status... just my 2 cents

fuck i'm a rookie?  couldn't you come up with a better name than that.
By my presence here I confirm that???  Ok if that is how you see it, thats how you see it

Well, lets recap, you're not vaccinated, you object to vaccines and vaccine mandates, you claim you know many unvaccinated people but do not know any antivaxxers, and you are arguing that the definition of antivaxxer is wrong, in a public forum about Covid 19...  That about sum it up? Don't think I've missed anything.

You're an antivaxxer... 

Don't feel bad, I haven't come across a single antivaxxer who has ever admitted to being an antivaxxer - it's always I'm not an antivaxxer because of this reason or that reason or the moons in alignment or some rubbish excuse.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, we're here to help!
(17-11-2021, 09:33 PM)Big Daddio Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 07:28 PM)egem Wrote: That's one irresponsible, possibly not very bright teacher, and a classroom full of young unvaccinated children. The teacher in the article I quoted teaches high school - so year 7 up - and has volunteered to have a covid test weekly. Not the same scenario at all. 

Not the same scenario?  you can't see how one could possibly lead on to the other?  the teacher in your article is completely responsible? won't make mistakes or inadvertently forget the mask, decide to go to work when under the weather? You know this and can guarantee this...   If you believe this you are blinded by your own false beliefs. 

as for your questions that someone negated to negate - maybe it's because the people that really know the answer to that are the doctors and scientists, not some minion antivaxxer trying to sound clever by copy and paste

It's not the same scenario in terms of the possible vaccination status of the children as we are talking under 12s vs over 12s. And no of course I can't guarantee anything. How could I? I don't know the teacher in the article. I don't even know if she's still teaching. That article I linked was from back in October. 

As for the rest of your post yes I agree, it IS the doctors and scientists who know the answers regarding the risk factor of children to the virus. They are the ones saying the risk is low. I'm not sure how repeating what they have said is being a "minion antivaxxer".
When the vaccines first became available there was only one site on the Shore, and I couldn't get to it. I knew, given time, that would sort itself out, but meantime my friends were booking in and getting their first and I found myself getting quite anxious that I wasn't doing the same. I knew that feeling was irrational, and all I had to do was wait, but I still felt a kind of guilt or discomfort that I wasn't able to 'fit in'. Getting the jabs made that silliness lift, despite my knowing it was silliness.

This whole covid thing is more complicated than we might think, or at least our response to it is. Over lockdown I found myself getting very irritated at times, and at others sinking into an almost somnambulant state, awake but just going through the motions. I was really glad when the weather improved and I could start gardening properly, even if it was just maintenance stuff. And I am a strong well balanced self aware old lady, so it occurs to me if I am feeling it others are too, to greater or lesser extent. And if they are young people, with all those extra life issues like relationships and work and bills and wants and needs - covid with all its side issues is serious extra stress.

So being kind should maybe be more than just more political twaddle from the podium. Perhaps we need to put a spoonful of that on our toast in the morning, for ourselves and for others. Because things are still rough and we all need a bit of extra tlc to cope with it. Even if we are doing well.
The rewards of not getting vaxxed.
Cannot travel. Cannot go to any public event. No movie theaters, restaurants, bars or sport.
Hard to find employment and the general distain of your peers.
After which you may die or spend the rest of your life gasping for air.

bummer.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
It isn't just about the vax though is it? Now we have to prove it, with layers of bureaucracy.

And that is making me think about the whole business.
(17-11-2021, 07:28 PM)egem Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 06:57 PM)Me+Me Wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/a...fornia-cdc

Are you a parent ?
Its simple;  The Vax is VERY VERY SAFE  - Over SEVEN BILLION people have had it.  The odds of bad effects are MINISCULE.

Meanwhile in other news over 5 MILLION people have died from Covid and F*ck knows how many are suffering collateral, quite often severe damage which is quite often very long term in it's effects.

That's one irresponsible, possibly not very bright teacher, and a classroom full of young unvaccinated children. The teacher in the article I quoted teaches high school - so year 7 up - and has volunteered to have a covid test weekly. Not the same scenario at all. 

The bottom line is SIMPLE.

Unvaccinated people are MORE likely to catch and pass on Covid.
Vaccinated people are much safer around your kids than UN vaccinated.  
Anything else is illogical and dangerous
(18-11-2021, 06:39 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It isn't just about the vax though is it? Now we have to prove it, with layers of bureaucracy.

The day will come when being alive is proof enough.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(17-11-2021, 09:52 PM)Big Daddio Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 09:33 PM)Kay2021 Wrote: By my presence here I confirm that???  Ok if that is how you see it, thats how you see it

Well, lets recap, you're not vaccinated, you object to vaccines and vaccine mandates, you claim you know many unvaccinated people but do not know any antivaxxers, and you are arguing that the definition of antivaxxer is wrong, in a public forum about Covid 19...  That about sum it up? Don't think I've missed anything.

You're an antivaxxer... 

Don't feel bad, I haven't come across a single antivaxxer who has ever admitted to being an antivaxxer - it's always I'm not an antivaxxer because of this reason or that reason or the moons in alignment or some rubbish excuse.

(18-11-2021, 07:45 AM)Kay2021 Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 09:52 PM)Big Daddio Wrote: Well, lets recap, you're not vaccinated, you object to vaccines and vaccine mandates, you claim you know many unvaccinated people but do not know any antivaxxers, and you are arguing that the definition of antivaxxer is wrong, in a public forum about Covid 19...  That about sum it up? Don't think I've missed anything.

You're an antivaxxer... 

I guess you didn't read the whole thread.  Correct I am not Pfiser vaccinated for now.  Yes I do not agree with mandates for medical treatments.   I am not arguing anything, yet you seem to be.  I stated that one dictionary has changed its definition of antivax to include those against mandates.  Correct I do not know any anti vaxxers in my life.  When my children were young they all had their vaccines.  When I was young I had the polio vaccine. I have not needed any flu vaccines. I had no need for the other vaccines as I had natural immunity from having had the disease.  For TB I was tested and had natural immunity.  In our extended family, which is large,  each person gets to make the decision for themselves, there are vaccinated and unvaccinated living together, there are partly vaccinated who are booked for the next vaccine, there are partly vaccinated who for now will not get the next vaccine because of reactions.  No one demands that the other person get or not get the vaccine, and everyone is taking measures to avoid becoming infected or infecting others according to their. circumstance.  I do not feel bad at all.  When a doctor who gives vaccines, who recommends vaccines, who has treated covid patients gets lumped into anti vax because they do not support mandated vaccines, the world has gone crazy.
(17-11-2021, 06:57 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 09:58 PM)egem Wrote: All of it? So you disagree that the risk of children being badly affected by covid is extremely low, and you disagree that the majority of those children who are badly affected have underlying health conditions?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/a...fornia-cdc

Are you a parent ?

May come as a surprise to you but some people really are that f*cking stupid. Still, think how high the collective IQ of the country will be when this is over.
(18-11-2021, 07:39 AM)Magoo Wrote:
(18-11-2021, 06:39 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It isn't just about the vax though is it? Now we have to prove it, with layers of bureaucracy.

The day will come when being alive is proof enough.
Which is a dread thought in itself. I think I'll just hold on to my little card for a while yet. If people don't believe that, there's little I can do about it.