Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trademe community closing down
(12-11-2021, 06:53 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 10:33 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I once had their admin email me and ask that I rename or take the site down because it infringes on Trademe intellectual property! Confused
He is a member on all potential opposition sites. Including here.
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

(12-11-2021, 10:33 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 10:08 AM)Me+Me Wrote: I sincerely hope that's the case.  Indeed if I was the Admin of nzissues I'd have contacted the Cops and the SIS long ago and given them free access to any and all posts and membership info and logon details, y'know date, time, IP addy........
I once had their admin email me and ask that I rename or take the site down because it infringes on Trademe intellectual property! Confused
"infringes on Trademe intellectual property"....interestingly, I've seen those exact words used in a post on TM.
I don't see why they'd actually care. Unless we set up a trading platform.. then I'd expect a letter from their lawyers haha Tongue
(12-11-2021, 08:03 PM)videomonkey Wrote: I don't see why they'd actually care. Unless we set up a trading platform.. then I'd expect a letter from their lawyers haha Tongue
God that would be so awesome wouldn't it. I love the idea of saying "fuck you" to TM.
i like the idea of setting up a wee market place as well, nothing in MYBB can do that but might be able to find a separate package maybe, a bit like FB marketplace but nicer and nicer people
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-11-2021, 08:03 PM)videomonkey Wrote: I don't see why they'd actually care. Unless we set up a trading platform.. then I'd expect a letter from their lawyers haha Tongue

What is there here that infringes anything, the two color logo perhaps?

(11-11-2021, 08:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I recommend nzissues. Specifically. I'm hoping the ones I suggest it to take up the offer, and never ever find this place.
Cunning as a poophouse rat you are . Yogi or x 3tomany as you may know me.
(12-11-2021, 08:52 PM)king1 Wrote: i like the idea of setting up a wee market place as well, nothing in MYBB can do that but might be able to find a separate package maybe, a bit like FB marketplace but nicer and nicer people
A marketplace would be a cool addition in the future. I'm no web developer, or else I would have already done it!
I've been looking into blockchain platforms to create a decentralized market, would be a pretty cool thing to start.
An alternative to oldfriends.co.nz would be useful too.

(12-11-2021, 08:55 PM)king1 Wrote:

What is there here that infringes anything, the two color logo perhaps?
I guess so, he did mention about the color to me in his email, but TM has never contacted me and they likely already know about us, so if they were annoyed, they would have taken action by now.
couple of shills posting for NZissues lol
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Mess...#p39115470

(12-11-2021, 09:02 PM)Yogi Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 08:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I recommend nzissues. Specifically. I'm hoping the ones I suggest it to take up the offer, and never ever find this place.
Cunning as a poophouse rat you are . Yogi or x 3tomany as you may know me.
I am going to assume that is a compliment. And I am glad to see you.

I wish my brain allowed me to remember which new names are actually old friends - but I guess it doesn't really matter, so long we remain our true selves it will all work out in the end.
(13-11-2021, 09:49 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 09:02 PM)Yogi Wrote: Cunning as a poophouse rat you are . Yogi or x 3tomany as you may know me.
I am going to assume that is a compliment. And I am glad to see you.

I wish my brain allowed me to remember which new names are actually old friends - but I guess it doesn't really matter, so long we remain our true selves it will all work out in the end.
 I sympathise, I'm rubbish with names.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-11-2021, 12:45 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(13-11-2021, 09:49 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am going to assume that is a compliment. And I am glad to see you.

I sympathise, I'm rubbish with names.
I'm rubbish with names too Mildred. Glad I'm not the only one.
(11-11-2021, 08:28 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh trust me, I am very picky about those people. I think they are dangerous.

Especially lilith/crone on trademe and nzissues. Hope doesn't stay on here.
(14-11-2021, 09:44 AM)Don Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 08:28 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh trust me, I am very picky about those people. I think they are dangerous.

Especially lilith/crone on trademe and nzissues. Hope doesn't stay on here.
Why would that be then? Different views to yours?
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-11-2021, 04:07 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(13-11-2021, 12:45 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:  I sympathise, I'm rubbish with names.
I'm rubbish with names too Mildred. Glad I'm not the only one.
That's perfectly OK. Agatha. Angel Rolleyes
Is there a last roll call over there?
(14-11-2021, 01:29 PM)Orthelia Wrote: Is there a last roll call over there?
I'm not sure; they might just end things at midnight I guess.
Not with a bang, but a whimper...
I reckon the bastards will do it at 12:01am.
(14-11-2021, 05:59 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I reckon the bastards will do it at 12:01am.
  It wouldn't surprise me at all. Miserable bastards.
Probably a bit of code, so no one gets paid o/t.