Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trademe community closing down
Still up and running!
Do you think they just will randomly flick the switch at any time
or will they flick it at skid fright?
Gone by lunchtime? Anyone taking bets?
(15-11-2021, 07:47 AM)Outsider Wrote: Gone by lunchtime? Anyone taking bets?
50/50 each way Big Grin
And all of a sudden it was gone!
Yep, now just redirects to their new community board
(15-11-2021, 09:22 AM)harm_less Wrote: And all of a sudden it was gone!

Oh yes, so it has. Hope people will come on over to this place.
Lots have already, I see.
We have a winner...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(15-11-2021, 09:28 AM)king1 Wrote:
We have a winner...

Oh darn! Forgot to place my bet
(15-11-2021, 09:27 AM)Outsider Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 09:22 AM)harm_less Wrote: And all of a sudden it was gone!

Oh yes, so it has. Hope people will come on over to this place.
Lots have already, I see.

Im sure others will in due course, some will only after they suss out the other place... We just need to keep making this place a better place to be...

(14-11-2021, 06:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Probably a bit of code, so no one gets paid o/t.

At this point, there's not much they could do which would be surprising really.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Say what it was gone by morning tea  Sad     

You still the winner winner chicken dinner Smile
A little piece of Kiwi online history gone.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It wasn't as painful as I thought it might be. Gone. Oh well, who cares. I'm happy here.

It's a relief actually, to be honest. It was like waiting for someone to die.
Yeh but it feels like just another boot in the gut or kick to the head. So what it cost a mil a year to run, you're making 100 mil from us, there is a bit of 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours' goes on. In small business that could mean you buy something from me and i'll buy something from you.

You support each other, you are alive because of each other etc. NOT Trademe, they are running backward for some reason and the only ones to really suffer are you and i, but especially the sellers, they, I believe are the most disrupted out of everybody on Trademe.

I don't dislike many businesses out there but I think I can safely say I really dislike Trademe for what they have done to us. As a community they have splintered us and broke us up. They think they can make more money from us. I think it'll be the opposite.

I am just sad over the whole saga. The place didn't need fricken overhauling.
(19-11-2021, 02:08 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: Yeh but it feels like just another boot in the gut or kick to the head. So what it cost a mil a year to run, you're making 100 mil from us, there is a bit of 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours' goes on. In small business that could mean you buy something from me and i'll buy something from you.

You support each other, you are alive because of each other etc. NOT Trademe, they are running backward for some reason and the only ones to really suffer are you and i, but especially the sellers, they, I believe are the most disrupted out of everybody on Trademe.

I don't dislike many businesses out there but I think I can safely say I really dislike Trademe for what they have done to us. As a community they have splintered us and broke us up. They think they can make more money from us. I think it'll be the opposite.

I think you make a good point in that the social side of it, although it had its faults, wasn't without its good side & I suspect that its done quite a lot of good over the years.
Perhaps someone might start another similar site with forums one day, who knows. Until then there's here. Smile
(19-11-2021, 02:08 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: Yeh but it feels like just another boot in the gut or kick to the head. So what it cost a mil a year to run, you're making 100 mil from us, there is a bit of 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours' goes on. In small business that could mean you buy something from me and i'll buy something from you.

I am a seller, and to be honest, this past week in sales has been very good.

I guess at the end of the day, TM are a business, and have to keep their shareholders happy (as does any big business), and the messageboards were basically a pain in the backside for them. They put it in the 'too hard' basket.

As for the overhauling, well, that is a shambles. They've made something that was easy (albeit still alot of issues, especially in the searching) into something that is difficult to navigate. I rarely buy on TM, so that part isn't an issue for me personally.

I do think, that in the future, that nzoomed will bring in a buy/sell section. That other site has one apparently, so no reason why he can't, I suppose. I'm sure I've read that he has been looking at that, though don't quote me.Smile

Meanwhile, this site is building slowly. Slow and steady wins the race.

Just enjoy what we do have. Thank goodness that we have it. There was never any thought of me going over to that other place, so I'd have been lost without tmmb. I do enjoy it here.
I think trade me is going to implode, especially if ebay turns up here - from what i have read private equity companies are only interested in increasing the value of the investment then dumping it - remember what happened to Dick Smiths, watch out for an IPO coming your way...

(19-11-2021, 02:24 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:

I am a seller, and to be honest, this past week in sales has been very good.

I guess at the end of the day, TM are a business, and have to keep their shareholders happy (as does any big business), and the messageboards were basically a pain in the backside for them. They put it in the 'too hard' basket.

As for the overhauling, well, that is a shambles. They've made something that was easy (albeit still alot of issues, especially in the searching) into something that is difficult to navigate. I rarely buy on TM, so that part isn't an issue for me personally.

I do think, that in the future, that nzoomed will bring in a buy/sell section. That other site has one apparently, so no reason why he can't, I suppose. I'm sure I've read that he has been looking at that, though don't quote me.Smile

Meanwhile, this site is building slowly. Slow and steady wins the race.

Just enjoy what we do have. Thank goodness that we have it. There was never any thought of me going over to that other place, so I'd have been lost without tmmb. I do enjoy it here.
That's just it though, if Trademe were easy to navigate etc you might buy more and have more to do with it. If Trademe were a business they would know a good chunk of their weekly wages comes from the buyers. Ultimately without the buyers you have nothing. With out a seller the product can still be up for sale and be bought by the buyers.
I miss the people.