Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pc Bullshit
(13-11-2021, 03:07 PM)king1 Wrote: I think science has actually moved on from the simplistic view of binary genders  that you advocate Magoo.

More likely a misuse of the word gender. Of which there are only two. Male and Female.
I dont care if you want to 'identify' as Cis Hetero or Hermaphrodite or whatever you choose.
Alas we cannot add genders to our biological tree despite how badly our enlightened, progressive, academia empaths want to.
The creator we are not.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
And the world is flat and only 5000 years old... move on, science reigns supreme, god lost. .
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(13-11-2021, 03:23 PM)king1 Wrote: And the world is flat and only 5000 years old... move on, science reigns supreme, god lost. .
I think the high-brow god botherers have picked 6000 years as the age.
Something deluvian or other.
Ive seen the curvature of the earth from planes, so im pretty sold on the orbital spinning ball around the sun thing.

But there are only two genders, male and female.
This has not changed. Perhaps nomenclature has changed, lingual adaptation, semantics, who knows?
There are only two genders. Male and Female.
We cannot wish it wasnt so, because it is and based on history will remain so until further notice.

I'll let you know.
That's cool you stick to your beliefs - the world and society has moved on and will continue to do so in spite of your protestations. You cant stop it no matter how loud or often you speak to the contrary...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I will stick with science, not fashion.
I think you are confusing gender, of which there are two, male and female, with with gender 'assignations' of which there are six. Four of these assignations occur rarely when considered against populations.

I think Facebook came up with 58 different 'genders'. Bless their scientific cotton sox. But they 'came up with them', they dont reflect any scientific examination at all.

Many also confuse 'sex' and 'sexual reproduction' with gender. (Im not saying you are) As if we could evolve into more and different genders. Evolution doesnt have a 'goal', it is driven by physiologic need. We as a species have yet to experience a physiologic circumstance that made us develop more genders.
Sex is assigned at birth, gender is how someone identifies. So you could be female, but not identify as a woman.
(14-11-2021, 09:36 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Sex is assigned at birth, gender is how someone identifies. So you could be female, but not identify as a woman.

That's what I'd thought it was, too. Years ago there was a Dr John Money who was a pioneer in gender change, not as much was understood back then though & some results were tragic. He was A Kiwi, working in the USA.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/the-story...-1.3137670
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-11-2021, 02:54 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 03:02 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Agreed, we have progressed alot since those days when such things were considered mental illness.
There are only two genders. Male and Female. Science. 
To deny this and claim to be somthing else is only in ones own mind. If your mind is telling you otherwise then it is not firing on all cylinders.
As someone on the spectrum I can understand the thinking. As do I understand mental illness, bit of that too. It is an abnormal affliction but it is just that, an affliction.
My original statement stands.
*makes mental note to explore reigns 'shit for brains' acknowledgment.*

I dont do PC bullshit, being 'on the spectrum' is not an insult. Being called a retard is an insult.
Having a mental illness is not an insult either. Id rather be called that than 'nuts' or 'stupid'.
I dont think we need to re-write the biology textbooks and build separated shithouses because someones weirdo sister wants to be an asexual unicorn.

The actual scientific truth would be that there are bodies that can carry an embryo and grow it into into a baby.. And there are bodies that cannot. That's the absolute truth of the matter.

Whether it's a male, female or other such identified "body" that's giving birth is entirely up to perspective. Traditional scientific beliefs have held all sorts of things as that we no longer accept; black people have different shaped skulls that make their brains develop differently, making them inferior to white people; humans are the most intelligent because we have the most genes; the Earth is the centre of the universe.. etc etc.

You say you're against PC bullshit and won't be drawn into acknowledging that there is anything scientific outside of Male and Female genders. I'm against dogmatic bullshit in people demanding that the science that they know and are familiar with be the only science that's valued, and blaming science itself for their stubborn attitudes and beliefs. The biology textbooks would work just fine identifying that "some bodies can carry an unborn child, some bodies cannot" and all of it - the science and the language - would still be as accurate as it was if we were demanding that Male and Female be the only terms that can refer to bodies and gender.

Like I said before, I couldn't give two shits about whether or not someone identifies as an asexual unicorn. In an ideal world, we wouldn't need separate shithouses because no one should be ashamed of their body and what their body does. It doesn't matter whether it's a male, female or a meat popsicle taking a shit in the cubicle next to me. It also would be ideal if all people could trust others not to be dicks and do stuff like sexually assault others. We're not in an ideal world, I can accept that.. But separate bathrooms aren't done for biological reasons. They're done for moral/social ones.
thats telling him

'The actual scientific truth would be that there are bodies that can carry an embryo and grow it into into a baby.. And there are bodies that cannot. That's the absolute truth of the matter.'

Yes.
And those bodies that can carry an embryo and turn it into a baby, what gender would that baby be?
or do we have to wait for the baby to be old enough to tell us? At which time whatever it decides is science?

Im open to change and new ideas. My 'beliefs' are not carved in stone, but I know a bunch of horseshit when I see it, and this 'sudden' gender multiplication just happened? A hundred thousand years of human evolution, and we managed to go multi-gender in 2020?

hocus pocus, wordplay, empathy and awareness cannot change our dna, only our minds.
(15-11-2021, 12:23 PM)Magoo Wrote: thats telling him

'The actual scientific truth would be that there are bodies that can carry an embryo and grow it into into a baby.. And there are bodies that cannot. That's the absolute truth of the matter.'

Yes.
And those bodies that can carry an embryo and turn it into a baby, what gender would that baby be?
or do we have to wait for the baby to be old enough to tell us? At which time whatever it decides is science?

Im open to change and new ideas. My 'beliefs' are not carved in stone, but I know a bunch of horseshit when I see it, and this 'sudden' gender multiplication just happened? A hundred thousand years of human evolution, and we managed to go multi-gender in 2020?

hocus pocus, wordplay, empathy and awareness cannot change our dna, only our minds.

It's not sudden. There have been different gendered people across a number of cultures throughout history, going right back to Ancient Egypt.
(15-11-2021, 01:41 PM)reigns Wrote:

Yes.

It's not sudden. There have been different gendered people across a number of cultures throughout history, going right back to Ancient Egypt.
Medical rarities, fringe examples. Miniscule numbers in the grand scheme of things. not something hard wired into our dna, and we 'changed' it. weve done nothing, except change our thinking and explore what our physiologic boundaries might be.

Yes.

Nah you just use the gender which aligns with the sex of the baby. When the person grows old enough, they might decide they wish to identify with another gender. This is actually quite rare though as most people's gender identities synchronize with their sex.

Because it is quite rare it isn't something you need to worry about.
Magoo...

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Herm...rsex).aspx

It pays not to make definite statements when it comes to Mother Nature. Her imagination is boundless and there is always an exception, or several.
(15-11-2021, 03:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Magoo...

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Herm...rsex).aspx

It pays not to make definite statements when it comes to Mother Nature. Her imagination is boundless and there is always an exception, or several.
yes
those were the miniscule outliers, a tiny number when put against everything else.
not half of Facebook and their therapists who would have us believe they are the new dawn of man.
of course there are no absolutes. 
we cannot generate change at will. That is not how evolution works.
So where have all the other genders come from? And why now?
Has genetic manipulation has taken place?
what did i miss while i was busy studying.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5824932/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-07238-8
Doesn't mean they do not get the same respect the rest of us genetic oddities garner by right. Doesn't cost us anything. Humanity is made up of diverse individuals. But we all bleed the same.
[/quote]
When the person grows old enough, they might decide they wish to identify with another gender.
[/quote]

if they wish then by all means, and the best of british to them.
thats not science tho. i might decide i wish to identify with a bird and fly.

if i may quote my mushroom mad grandmother
'if wants and wishes were plates and dishes
we would have no use for crockery.'

(15-11-2021, 04:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Doesn't mean they do not get the same respect the rest of us genetic oddities garner by right. Doesn't cost us anything. Humanity is made up of diverse individuals. But we all bleed the same.
i think that goes without saying.
to belittle someone is not my aim.

But i think that to think you are omnigender, transgender, or whatever is not science. It is a social construct, and to claim it as science is wrong.
the depth of this belief places you on the spectrum.
body modification is an extreme manifestation of this mental illness.
I believe you may be confusing gender with sex. Sex is how one is born. Gender is a societal construct.

I.e. Male and female are sex. Man and woman are gender. Same as how under 18 one is a boy or a girl, and over 18 becomes a man or woman. There is no sudden change when one becomes 18 per "science", it is only a societal construct.
Who are we really?? Male? Female? Transgender? Non binary?

Or...

Are we spirit?? The deepest level of existence.

Spirit doesn't have a gender, so we are neither male or female, masculine or feminine. It just IS.
(15-11-2021, 05:50 PM)TygerTung Wrote: I believe you may be confusing gender with sex. Sex is how one is born. Gender is a societal construct.

I.e. Male and female are sex. Man and woman are gender. Same as how under 18 one is a boy or a girl, and over 18 becomes a man or woman. There is no sudden change when one becomes 18 per "science", it is only a societal construct.

yes. probably.

still a bunch of pc bullshit tho.
How come no one ever complains about Apple bullshit?
I do have other cameras!