Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Countdown Bricks promotion
Has anyone received any Countdown Bricks yet? 
I shop online and 2 weeks running ordered the bricks - should have been entitled to 7 each week but order came with "Countdown Bricks Out of stock" on the packing slip.

They shouldn't be Out of Stock already surely, as the promotion only started on 4 November.
If you are getting them please let me know which stores have them. Thanks.
Yes they gave me some this week. (in store, not online)
A smile is more contagious than a virus. Smile
Not impressed. I got two packs. One was a little brown shelving unit that wouldn't go together as designed but worked quite well upside down, the other was the fruit to go in it but were so poorly imagined they just fall straight out. Lego would be horrified.

I have a young friend with encyclopedic Lego knowledge. I asked him if he was going to become a Countdown customer and he just laughed at the idea. No fooling a Master...
I think there must be something dodgy going on, with staff pilfering. When you see how many some people are selling for huge sums on Trademe - how did they get so many so quickly?
Occasionally I shop in store. Some days I see the person in front of me spend four or five hundred dollars without batting an eye. Makes my forty dollar shop look a bit sad!!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1269923...n-trade-me
Yes I got my little bags in my online shop last week, but the trucks are always out of Stock when my order is picked as in cart when I put my order in,
I didn't want the small packet bricks just want the Trucks, to use the stickers and build a Genuine Lego truck,
There is a limit of only 3 per customer, yet look at trade me people flogging many of them off up to $30 each, bastards,
Ugh, another supermarket promotion to collect little pieces of worthless junk.
It’s so fascinating to watch ordinarily normal people turn into desperate angry grabby people once they get hooked on having to collect the entire set.
I have witnessed customers actually getting angry at supermarket workers over these types of promotions. And the supermarket workers having to guard the box of brick packs to stop people just grabbing them.
Have people literally lost their minds??? And I see that there are entire sets of Countdown Bricks selling for over $200???? With that money, you could go buy a massively wicked Lego set. I’d much rather have that any day.
I wonder if Lego has approved and given permission for this giveaway or are these bricks a Chinese ripoff?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(15-11-2021, 07:02 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Occasionally I shop in store. Some days I see the person in front of me spend four or five hundred dollars without batting an eye. Makes my forty dollar shop look a bit sad!!
In normal times, I would shop in store and spend around $30 a visit a week, , just what I can carry on bus, but in Lockdown, now and then do a big bulk online shop, so back up stuff, nothing will run out etc, so got quite a few bags last week as on my normal items, this week no shopping needed,
so serious lock downs no need to panic don't need anything, yes keeping ahead pantry well stocked, sit back and watch the queues on TV and laugh!,

(16-11-2021, 07:08 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I wonder if Lego has approved and given permission for this giveaway or are these bricks a Chinese ripoff?
They are cheap knock offs, Copies, Not Lego Branded but are still good quality,
my bags went straight on Trade Me at $1 reserve, don't want all my genuine Lego contaminated with them.
We just collect them for the grand children.
A smile is more contagious than a virus. Smile
New World has free delivery for orders over $50 this month, if anyone is interested.