Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"It wasn’t until I stopped drinking that I realised Aotearoa is swimming in booze".
(17-11-2021, 06:43 AM)TygerTung Wrote: I only drink for the taste, and one you've had 2 or 3 drinks you don't really taste it any more, so any after that is a waste of time.

I brew my own beer occasionally as the nice beers are too expensive. But I hardly ever drink, so don't have to brew a batch very often.

In fact I last brewed in 2017 and still have a bit left!
I used to make wine years ago - Elderberry mostly but also once or twice, Peach, grape & had a go at Mead once which wasn't bad. I didn't drink it but instead inflicted on others, cunningly disguised as birthday/Xmas gifts. Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
IT surprises me how many new booze outlets have opened up in small towns ,especially noticeable on last weekend road trip, around the South Island ....
....Timaru my home town has the Record for new openings ! whats with that ?
....I put my Booze money into Petrol for my Classics and have noticed that my health has improved ,my bank balance thanks me ,and i do not have to go to the recycle center, to get rid of the bottles that wont fit in our Wheelie bin (or the neighours !
.... Plus there is a bonus,with all the new builds going on around our house ...we finally had a couple days without yahoo/ pissed/ Barbecue/yelling and no volume control , out of tune singing all alcohol fueled ...
....Ah the joys of being semi retired ,,where do i apply, for the Grumpy old Man of the Month award ?
(23-11-2021, 04:45 AM)kevlights Wrote: IT surprises me how many new booze outlets have opened up in small towns ,especially noticeable on last weekend road trip, around the South Island ....
....Timaru my home town has the Record for new openings ! whats with that ?
....I put my Booze money into Petrol for my Classics and have noticed that my health has improved ,my bank balance thanks me ,and i do not have to go to the recycle center, to get rid of the bottles that wont fit in our Wheelie bin (or the neighours !
....  Plus there is a bonus,with all the new builds going on around our house ...we finally had a couple days without yahoo/ pissed/ Barbecue/yelling and no volume control , out of tune singing all alcohol fueled ...
....Ah the joys of being semi retired ,,where do i apply, for the Grumpy old Man of the Month award ?
 Good for you.  Nothing wrong with the odd bit of grumpiness, now & then. Wink
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Many moons ago, after my marriage ended, I decided that, whilst doing my ironing on a Sunday arvo, that I'd have a drinkies. Firstly, it was the remainder of a bottle of wine. I was getting warmed up, and enjoying the one woman party. Then, I decided to open the new bottle of port. Yes, I drank that stuff back then. It was real good.

So, I started getting really merry. The ironing was still getting done, but I think I was probably starting to slow down on that, and focussing more on the merriment of the Port.

And, before I knew it, I was ringing my husband...well, I was trying to look for him. The father in law answered, and he politely told me that I needed to sober up, and ring again tomorrow.

So, I thought, fuck you, and I kept drinking. And crying.

Next thing I know, is that one of my neighbours had me at their place, and pushing me under a cold shower. You see, I was getting real upset, whilst getting completely inebriated. Neighbour heard me being the pathetic drunk that I was, coz I was making a bit of noise. Oh, and it was after 10pm apparently.

Not that I remembered much, but apparently, another neighbour had heard me whaling, or something else, and called the cops, because they thought I was being attacked. My rescuer neighbour told me about this the next morning, whilst I was sobering up. I had absolutely no idea that the cops had been to my house. I was mortified.

I can laugh about it today, but the lesson was, to never iron and drink. At the same time. Today, I might have a drink at Christmas, and I don't own an iron, so my neighbourhood is safe from me. lol

PS, I never was a drinker. I had a moment of madness, coz I was lonely and sad. Awwwwww.
(24-11-2021, 07:05 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Many moons ago, after my marriage ended, I decided that, whilst doing my ironing on a Sunday arvo, that I'd have a drinkies. Firstly, it was the remainder of a bottle of wine. I was getting warmed up, and enjoying the one woman party. Then, I decided to open the new bottle of port. Yes, I drank that stuff back then. It was real good.

So, I started getting really merry. The ironing was still getting done, but I think I was probably starting to slow down on that, and focussing more on the merriment of the Port.

And, before I knew it, I was ringing my husband...well, I was trying to look for him. The father in law answered, and he politely told me that I needed to sober up, and ring again tomorrow.

So, I thought, fuck you, and I kept drinking. And crying.

Next thing I know, is that one of my neighbours had me at their place, and pushing me under a cold shower. You see, I was getting real upset, whilst getting completely inebriated. Neighbour heard me being the pathetic drunk that I was, coz I was making a bit of noise. Oh, and it was after 10pm apparently.

Not that I remembered much, but apparently, another neighbour had heard me whaling, or something else, and called the cops, because they thought I was being attacked. My rescuer neighbour told me about this the next morning, whilst I was sobering up. I had absolutely no idea that the cops had been to my house. I was mortified.

I can laugh about it today, but the lesson was, to never iron and drink. At the same time. Today, I might have a drink at Christmas, and I don't own an iron, so my neighbourhood is safe from me. lol

PS, I never was a drinker. I had a moment of madness, coz I was lonely and sad. Awwwwww.

We've all done daft stuff - no one gets through life without saying & doing some really stupid things. I sometimes think I've probably done my share of that -  someone else's, too. Angel
It's not until you get older I think, that you can look back and think about all the dumb things we've done. We've all probably got a book in us, with a story to tell.