Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who would you share with?

My late brother William passed away "67
lemmy
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
My dad - he died in 1979.
I do have other cameras!
A few mates from the '70's...just a quick catch up, an hour should do it.
My darling. But it wouldn't be nearly long enough.
My younger brother. He used to be my best mate when we were teenagers I have not seen him in over 20 years.
(23-01-2023, 10:11 AM)Roscoe Wrote: My younger brother. He used to be my best mate when we were teenagers I have not seen him in over 20 years.

Do you know where he is Roscoe? Used to be a Sallie Army unit who searched for and reunited family members...
My Mum
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
My Dad who I lost in 1985. He was a business owner and had an interest in cars. I would love to share a beer with him and see what his take on computers/internet and EVs is.
My best friend, who is in London and has cancer.
(23-01-2023, 02:43 PM)Olive Wrote: My best friend, who is in London and has cancer.

Oh that is hard. I lost my bff in the first covid year to terminal cancer. It was so unfair that her last year was so much lockdown and chemo, and so very little bucket list spoiling. I was so grateful she and her D H decided a year or so before the diagnosis, to blow a bit of retirement savings on one of those Alaska cruises together. At least she had those experiences to replay in her minds eye when times got tough...

I miss her a lot. She kept me sort of sane...
(23-01-2023, 07:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(23-01-2023, 02:43 PM)Olive Wrote: My best friend, who is in London and has cancer.

Oh that is hard. I lost my bff in the first covid year to terminal cancer. It was so unfair that her last year was so much lockdown and chemo, and so very little bucket list spoiling. I was so grateful she and her D H decided a year or so before the diagnosis, to blow a bit of retirement savings on one of those Alaska cruises together. At least she had those experiences to replay in her minds eye when times got tough...

I miss her a lot. She kept me sort of sane...
Yeah, it's hard.   We were booked to travel to London to see BFF for the last time just as Covid arrived, had to cancel everything.
(23-01-2023, 11:28 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(23-01-2023, 10:11 AM)Roscoe Wrote: My younger brother. He used to be my best mate when we were teenagers I have not seen him in over 20 years.

Do you know where he is Roscoe? Used to be a Sallie Army unit who searched for and reunited family members...

Yes, I do know where he is - Avondale.

It's a long story but my mother left her estate to her three boys and then my younger brother leaned on her and persuaded her to leave her estate to his young son. Her estate consisted of three houses which at that time was worth approximately one million dollars.

My elder brother and I challenged the will and won $56,000 each which still left a fair amount for my nephew, but because of the action we took he has not spoken to us since. I'd really like some reconcilliation but he refuses.
Sometimes families can be the most dysfunctional groups of people. I love mine dearly, all of them, but have edited a lot of them right out of my life because I just cannot cope with the way they do things. And I fully accept that is my issue, not theirs. Thing is though, once I decided that was it my life changed completely, stress leveled off, health improved, and I was so much happier. I wish them all the best, but they are better living their lives, and me living mine.
(08-03-2023, 12:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Sometimes families can be the most dysfunctional groups of people. I love mine dearly, all of them, but have edited a lot of them right out of my life because I just cannot cope with the way they do things. And I fully accept that is my issue, not theirs. Thing is though, once I decided that was it my life changed completely, stress leveled off, health improved, and I was so much happier. I wish them all the best, but they are better living their lives, and me living mine.

if a political party could adopt and follow these principles, perhaps after the election the other 27 votes could be shared among the parties who deserve to have that sort of people at their meetings?
Idea
Entropy is not what
it used to be.