Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gone.
TM has closed the boards as of a few mins ago.

OH I see someone beat me to it lol
(15-11-2021, 09:27 AM)Me+Me Wrote: TM has closed the boards as of a few mins ago.

OH I see someone beat me to it lol

Haha, it always was a race to get the news out first on Trademe! 
Earthquakes and other happenings.
Goodness! Amputated and I didn't feel a thing...
Oh shit!!!

I left my brain over there.

Bugger.
(15-11-2021, 09:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Goodness! Amputated and I didn't feel a thing...
CHOP!
I do have other cameras!
What's Trade Me?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Unexpected benefit - fewer tabs open on my tablet. Less browsing designer clothing listings...
And they already have members on there pointing to that other place I won't mention here....
Good luck to them. We are lucky that we have a couple of good alternatives and good people on both. I have made my experience with NZI very clear, and none of it was down to the membership.

Trust is a really important quality in our online world, once lost it is difficult to regain. I hope past mistakes will not be repeated, and those who support the site have no reason to feel unsafe. Because we all deserve that respect in exchange for our contributions, whatever level they might be.

It is that social contract that Trade Me has decided is of no importance as they remove the boards. And I suspect that choice will have consequences for their bottomline. Meantime we have this place thanks to nzoomed and the team, it will be interesting to see what it becomes as it grows.
How will the funeral service be? Shall we wear an arm band in memory of?
Was just responding to one of Gary's last posts just after 10am and it went poof to new site, sigh!, I cried!! ?, oh well back to work,
(15-11-2021, 11:20 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Good luck to them. We are lucky that we have a couple of good alternatives and good people on both. I have made my experience with NZI very clear, and none of it was down to the membership.

Trust is a really important quality in our online world, once lost it is difficult to regain. I hope past mistakes will not be repeated, and those who support the site have no reason to feel unsafe. Because we all deserve that respect in exchange for our contributions, whatever level they might be.

It is that social contract that Trade Me has decided is of no importance as they remove the boards. And I suspect that choice will have consequences for their bottomline. Meantime we have this place thanks to nzoomed and the team, it will be interesting to see what it becomes as it grows.
It is a very sad day indeed, the once vibrant community that made trademe what it is, is no more.
I guess that's what big corporations do over time, it originally started as an online trading community and once Sam sold it, things very quickly turned into a profit generating corporation with huge fee hikes, etc.
(15-11-2021, 11:50 AM)flossy63 Wrote: Was just responding to one of Gary's last posts just after 10am and it went poof to new site, sigh!, I cried!! ?, oh well back to work,
Sorry for your sad loss

Look on the bright side you made here   so chin up & enjoy what we have here Smile
(15-11-2021, 11:53 AM)Orthelia Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 11:50 AM)flossy63 Wrote: Was just responding to one of Gary's last posts just after 10am and it went poof to new site, sigh!, I cried!! ?, oh well back to work,
Sorry for your sad loss

Look on the bright side you made here   so chin up & enjoy what we have here Smile
Thank you, need the company, hooman that is, 90 days in lock down with my cat,
Would pop into message board now and then for my pick me up, last few weeks more often than ever, Smile
Happy 90th fellow jafas...
(15-11-2021, 12:10 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Happy 90th fellow jafas...
You too, just ran to get lunch, ready for the 1pm update, duh 4pm today lol!.
Quarter of the year at home !,
All my pending funds on AT cards refunded, topped up days before lock down, was going to go out next day,
but no Aunty Jacinda put a stop to those plans, So have not used a bus or train for 3 months, as they only leave town, in and out,
not around local,
(15-11-2021, 12:20 PM)flossy63 Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 12:10 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Happy 90th fellow jafas...
You too, just ran to get lunch, ready for the 1pm update, duh 4pm today lol!.
Quarter of the year at home !,
All my pending funds on AT cards refunded, topped up days before lock down, was going to go out next day,
but no Aunty Jacinda put a stop to those plans, So have not used a bus or train for 3 months, as they only leave town, in and out,
not around local,
I love my Gold Hop Card, but it only gets used for longer trips and wet weather roaming these days, since getting my beautiful scooter. Managed to pay off half over lockdown of the loan a friend gave me to top up my savings to buy it, with luck I can clear it by 2022. TG4 good friends...  Heart
You're lego flossy right?
(15-11-2021, 12:55 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
You're lego flossy right?, 
yes, I cannot hide, Hello Crafters,  Big Grin
(15-11-2021, 11:08 AM)nzoomed Wrote: And they already have members on there pointing to that other place I won't mention here....
There you go I have changed it to TMMB forum for you. Sorry didn't know there was a problem with the other forum