Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gone.
(17-11-2021, 07:24 PM)ardent Wrote: Thank you!
But I'm now wishing I had come over here as who I was over there. Because a lot of what I want to say doesn't sound right coming from who I am now. Help! major identity crisis in the making. What to do now?
You can change your name. I messaged nzoomed and he did it for me, but I think you can do it yourself. I came over as lindymf55, as that is who I had originally been on TM, and I then changed my TM to what I'm using here, so changed it. I didn't quite feel like 'me', using my lindy name, so I do understand the identity crisis. Just don't melt down. We don't want slush to clean up.
I'm less inclined to look on TradeMe now as I am not already there.
But I'm now wishing I had come over here as who I was over there. Because a lot of what I want to say doesn't sound right coming from who I am now. Help! major identity crisis in the making. What to do now?

Message nzoomed, king1 or myself and we can change it for you Smile

Or you can do it yourself here: https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=changename

Edit: maybe not, just message one of us.
(17-11-2021, 07:32 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
You can change your name. I messaged nzoomed and he did it for me, but I think you can do it yourself. I came over as lindymf55, as that is who I had originally been on TM, and I then changed my TM to what I'm using here, so changed it. I didn't quite feel like 'me', using my lindy name, so I do understand the identity crisis. Just don't melt down. We don't want slush to clean up.
Oh !, now I know, you asked me if I knew who you were a few weeks ago?, I had no idea, and I have been wondering what happened to Lindy Lol!,  Smile
(17-11-2021, 09:12 PM)videomonkey Wrote:

Or you can do it yourself here: https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=changename

I think that is only available for moderators and above, not sure regular users can.  Probably no reason why it can't be, I believe its a group level permission.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(17-11-2021, 08:37 PM)TygerTung Wrote: I'm less inclined to look on TradeMe now as I am not already there.

Same .. was always logged in and viewed the threads then wandered off to view items as either I thought of them or sometimes ones people mentioned in threads.  Oh well, less time spent online now can't be a bad thing.
(17-11-2021, 09:37 PM)flossy63 Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 07:32 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: You can change your name. I messaged nzoomed and he did it for me, but I think you can do it yourself. I came over as lindymf55, as that is who I had originally been on TM, and I then changed my TM to what I'm using here, so changed it. I didn't quite feel like 'me', using my lindy name, so I do understand the identity crisis. Just don't melt down. We don't want slush to clean up.
Oh !, now I know, you asked me if I knew who you were a few weeks ago?, I had no idea, and I have been wondering what happened to Lindy Lol!,  Smile
lol, oh flossy, I thought everyone knew by now. Some seemed to just guess. I suppose we all have a style of writing that gives us away. I would always know you, coz you like to "sigh!!" :-))

(17-11-2021, 08:37 PM)TygerTung Wrote: I'm less inclined to look on TradeMe now as I am not already there.
I have to still be on TM, because I sell on there. Must say though, that I do like the separation of TM and messageboard that we have now.
(17-11-2021, 09:12 PM)videomonkey Wrote: Or you can do it yourself here: https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=changename

Following that url produces:
"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons: ..."
(21-11-2021, 10:10 AM)madras_seersucker Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 09:12 PM)videomonkey Wrote: Or you can do it yourself here: https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=changename

Following that url produces:
"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons: ..."
Just checked, and same here.
(20-11-2021, 07:42 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 09:37 PM)flossy63 Wrote: Oh !, now I know, you asked me if I knew who you were a few weeks ago?, I had no idea, and I have been wondering what happened to Lindy Lol!,  Smile
lol, oh flossy, I thought everyone knew by now. Some seemed to just guess. I suppose we all have a style of writing that gives us away. I would always know you, coz you like to "sigh!!" :-))

I have to still be on TM, because I sell on there. Must say though, that I do like the separation of TM and messageboard that we have now.
I’ve got more than one TM username. I’d have to remember to be this one when I posted on the mb or someone would *dob me in*. Happened most recently a few months ago. I suspect either Andrew or the view of water person. I had to turn one of my accounts to “in trade” which I’m not. Now there’s no mb I don’t have to worry! On another note, I posted about the dispute I have over a purchase on the brand new community board. There were about 6 threads and 3 of them were about the disputes process or lack of it!
(21-11-2021, 10:10 AM)madras_seersucker Wrote: Following that url produces:
you can PM a mod or admin to have this done...

(17-11-2021, 09:12 PM)videomonkey Wrote:

I've just messaged you. Thanks.
(12-05-2022, 08:05 PM)ardent Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 09:12 PM)videomonkey Wrote: Message nzoomed, king1 or myself and we can change it for you Smile

I've just messaged you. Thanks.
did you want that name changed? I haven't seen videomonkey here for a couple of days, so you might end up waiting a while...