Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any repair... at all...
With so much time on my hands I now have the perfect excuse for not getting things done. It is called subclavial steal syndrome along with an even longer term. A narrowing of a major artery preventing blood from going to my brain inhibiting memory function, dramatically... just looking back at how my life has been way back to early childhood now having been given the diagnosis a few weeks ago now. The blood meant for my brain is rerouted to an arm. I understand myself better now and also believe there is a healing going on in my life that heals the blockage. It may be that surgery completes before the healing takes place but I will not discount the spiritual process. No pain no gain seems to be quite true. I learned from an injury experience where the physiotherapist hurt the damaged area of my knee to recover a functioning knee after a forgotten injury of 45 years. I have had plenty of time to do the things I could do and those things have been anything basically.
So what I have learned is anything can be repaired and I am finding I can repair anything and well.
What occurred to me is, a forum group where any repair advice and experiences can be shared.
I can help with repair of mechanical film cameras. I even know a bit about electronics - as long as it's not too modern.
I do have other cameras!
Life is a funny business. If only we knew back then, the things we know now...
(15-11-2021, 09:41 AM)Praktica Wrote: I can help with repair of mechanical film cameras. I even know a bit about electronics - as long as it's not too modern.

I bought a PK (Pentax K) to NEX adaptor off aliexpress for my Sony NEX-5, however they sent me a Praktica to NEX adaptor instead which is completely useless to me as I don't have any Praktica lenses and Praktica don't seem to be very common in NZ so I am unlikely to be able to get any either.

PK however are so common one is constantly tripping over them wherever one goes.
(15-11-2021, 03:48 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 09:41 AM)Praktica Wrote: I can help with repair of mechanical film cameras. I even know a bit about electronics - as long as it's not too modern.

I bought a PK (Pentax K) to NEX adaptor off aliexpress for my Sony NEX-5, however they sent me a Praktica to NEX adaptor instead which is completely useless to me as I don't have any Praktica lenses and Praktica don't seem to be very common in NZ so I am unlikely to be able to get any either.

PK however are so common one is constantly tripping over them wherever one goes.
There is at least 1 Praktica bayonet mount lens on TM - Prakticar brand. There are still a lot of the older M42 mount Praktica cameras about.
I do have other cameras!
(15-11-2021, 09:37 AM)oqack Wrote: With so much time on my hands I now have the perfect excuse for not getting things done. It is called subclavial steal syndrome along with an even longer term. A narrowing of a major artery preventing blood from going to my brain inhibiting memory function, dramatically... just looking back at how my life has been way back to early childhood now having been given the diagnosis a few weeks ago now. The blood meant for my brain is rerouted to an arm. I understand myself better now and also believe there is a healing going on in my life that heals the blockage. It may be that surgery completes before the healing takes place but I will not discount the spiritual process. No pain no gain seems to be quite true. I learned from an injury experience where the physiotherapist hurt the damaged area of my knee to recover a functioning knee after a forgotten injury of 45 years. I have had plenty of time to do the things I could do and those things have been anything basically.
So what I have learned is anything can be repaired and I am finding I can repair anything and well.
What occurred to me is, a forum group where any repair advice and experiences can be shared.
Wow, that sounds scary. What is your prognosis, do you know?

It is truly amazing how the body can repair itself, and I totally believe that you can spiritually heal yourself, with a little bit of invervention from the professionals.

When we have a serious illness, it can certainly shake you to your core, and be a time of reflection, and to ask questions of yourself, as to 'what now'. I know that when I became ill, as much as it was terrifying, it also gave me the opportunity to count my blessings and be grateful for what I had. Each day is so precious, and we should never take it for granted.

Go well in your journey. Keep us posted with any developments if you would like.Smile
I like to go for the dirt cheap lenses, maybe with fungus and pull them apart and clean them up.