Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 monthly boosters
The first time I went down I was one day too soon. No bother as it's only a kilometre away so went back and got the shot when I had had a full 4 month gap (it's calendar months).
(18-11-2021, 01:18 PM)crab2 Wrote:
(17-11-2021, 07:26 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I know two elderly people who have already had a 3rd shot before the govt even announced boosters.

How did they manage to get that
My niece's hubby did. He has Crohn's disease.

(17-11-2021, 08:21 PM)harm_less Wrote: Having got my vaccine pass today I noted from their website "Your pass will have an expiry date 6 months after the date of issue." so I assume that is the expected period of acceptable immunity before a booster will be required, and the Vaccine Pass will be reissued accordingly.
My booster was Jan 16.  My new vaccine pass expires June 1.
(18-11-2021, 05:11 PM)intrade Wrote: the  vax is  waining 64% only  afte 6 month its knowen since longer  and  from people  who hav  had  sideffects they  are gone in 9 month telling me  the  vax will be  removed  fully by then if  you put  2 and 2  togather. But that just my opinion based on facts i have seen.
my mother is getting  tested  for antibodys after 6 month i let you know  her  results She had  moderna her partner had  pfizer

There seems to be so much emphasis surrounding antibody numbers for vaccine effectiveness, this is a wrong way to measure it and Dr campbell has also touched on it.
Antibodies are just a sign that your body has experienced an immune response to a pathogen. Its normal for them to drop off with time.

Its a good measure to see if the vaccine has been effective in generating an immune response, however its normal for these to drop off in your body, as there is no point letting your body replenish them for no reason.
Your B cells will produce more antibodies if required when it detects that pathogen again, but what is a far more important metric to see how long your immunity is lasting is to measure your amount of T-cells which is far more important as its their job to be the first responders to a virus infection.
(20-01-2022, 11:22 PM)olwen Wrote:
(18-11-2021, 01:18 PM)crab2 Wrote: How did they manage to get that
My niece's hubby did. He has Crohn's disease.

(17-11-2021, 08:21 PM)harm_less Wrote: Having got my vaccine pass today I noted from their website "Your pass will have an expiry date 6 months after the date of issue." so I assume that is the expected period of acceptable immunity before a booster will be required, and the Vaccine Pass will be reissued accordingly.
My booster was Jan 16.  My new vaccine pass expires June 1.
The systems a bit fucked.  My NEW Vax pass which I got AFTER my very recent booster shows it expires two weeks after the last vax pass I had before the booster............jeez.
Two weeks to go for mine...
(23-01-2022, 07:11 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Two weeks to go for mine...
You might not to even wait that long, I heard on the news that they are looking at dropping down to 3 months which would be in line with overseas.
got mine.
in the arm.
cant remember which
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(24-01-2022, 01:38 PM)Magoo Wrote: got mine.
in the arm.
cant remember which
Good on you.   Mine is booked for Friday and I can hardly wait.
Took the betterer 1/2 to GP this morning, attempting to sneak out, have to past Nurse's room, nek minit booked for 2nd week in March Big Grin
(01-02-2022, 06:03 PM)jackford Wrote: Took the betterer 1/2 to GP this morning, attempting to sneak out, have to past Nurse's room, nek minit booked for 2nd week in March Big Grin
Bwahaha - busted! Big Grin

A couple of weeks for me as well.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I'm booked for the morning of 8 Feb, the soonest moment after I become eligible.

I chanced asking for a booster a fortnight early at a pharmacy last week. "No dice", they said!
Autumn comes
(01-02-2022, 06:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 06:03 PM)jackford Wrote: Took the betterer 1/2 to GP this morning, attempting to sneak out, have to past Nurse's room, nek minit booked for 2nd week in March Big Grin
Bwahaha - busted! Big Grin

A couple of weeks for me as well.
True dat Giggle  
Recently caught up with a couple we hadn't seen since lockdown back in Aug '21, they have already had 4 jabs.
I like the latest research indicating the booster is giving us more and longer immunity than was at first assumed. Good when stuff works out like that.
so all this nonsense about 'booster no good for omicron'
is just that, nonsense?
who'da thunk.
It pays not to rely on mainstream media entirely. They're inclined to write their 'stories' with the reader and the advertiser in mind and shade accordingly.
(23-02-2022, 09:19 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It pays not to rely on mainstream media entirely.  They're inclined to write their 'stories' with the reader and the advertiser in mind and shade accordingly.
i got that little treasure from CTRussell yesterday!
didnt believe it then still dont
(23-02-2022, 09:59 AM)Magoo Wrote:
(23-02-2022, 09:19 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It pays not to rely on mainstream media entirely.  They're inclined to write their 'stories' with the reader and the advertiser in mind and shade accordingly.
i got that little treasure from CTRussell yesterday!
didnt believe it then still dont
Yeah - I think perhaps his posts need to come with a very large bag of salt. Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)