Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traffic Light System
Seems it is coming in on 15 December?

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/4559...d-december

That would be good as I have a requirement to travel to Auckland.
it's too soon... disappointingly, labour is pandering to the travel industry and Brian Tamaki and his biker mates
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I don't think it's too soon. We've all had plenty of time to get immunised, and in fact there will still be time to get immunised if for some bizarre reason anyone hasn't gotten around to it yet.
(18-11-2021, 07:34 AM)king1 Wrote: it's too soon... disappointingly, labour is pandering to the travel industry and Brian Tamaki and his biker mates
I think its more subtle than that. Elimination bought us time, last year, when there was no vaccine, and few treatments. Now, there is a vaccine, and there are treatments, for covid. With the delta variant getting into population groups which choose not to engage with the system, elimination is not possible. The traffic light system is a reward for the vaccinated - and restrictions for the unvaccinated.
The government can only govern with the consent of the population.
I do have other cameras!
(18-11-2021, 07:34 AM)king1 Wrote: it's too soon... disappointingly, labour is pandering to the travel industry and Brian Tamaki and his biker mates

Why do you say that? Do you really think the rest of NZ outside Auckland can live a solitary existence forever?
Covid is not going away, it will always be around, so best thing people can do is to protect themselves and their families.
(18-11-2021, 08:02 AM)Outsider Wrote:

Why do you say that? Do you really think the rest of NZ outside Auckland can live a solitary existence forever?
Covid is not going away, it will always be around, so best thing people can do is to protect themselves and their families.
The rest of New Zealand is not going away either - save your travel for next year and save the rest of the country...

(18-11-2021, 08:21 AM)king1 Wrote:
(18-11-2021, 08:02 AM)Outsider Wrote: Why do you say that? Do you really think the rest of NZ outside Auckland can live a solitary existence forever?
The rest of New Zealand is not going away either - save your travel for next year and save the rest of the country...

What will happen next year please?
let me get out my crystal ball...

(18-11-2021, 11:17 AM)king1 Wrote: let me get out my crystal ball...

What I mean is, what are we likely to achieve by waiting? We already have the immunisation, so what is waiting until next year likely to achieve?
(18-11-2021, 02:15 PM)TygerTung Wrote:

What I mean is, what are we likely to achieve by waiting? We already have the immunisation, so what is waiting until next year likely to achieve?
Immunisation is far from a certainty as many European countries are currently discovering. Holding off releasing the reins has served our government pretty well so far and I'm quite happy for them to take the softly softly approach in terms of freeing up travel until we're better able to see how others are faring with more liberal control measures.
(18-11-2021, 02:15 PM)TygerTung Wrote:

maybe another 5% of the population immunised, school kids immunised, time to assess, plenty of good reasons.

(18-11-2021, 02:41 PM)king1 Wrote:
(18-11-2021, 02:15 PM)TygerTung Wrote: What I mean is, what are we likely to achieve by waiting? We already have the immunisation, so what is waiting until next year likely to achieve?

maybe another 5% of the population immunised, school kids immunised, time to assess, plenty of good reasons.

There is still time to get immunised by Dec 15
(19-11-2021, 07:11 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(18-11-2021, 02:41 PM)king1 Wrote: maybe another 5% of the population immunised, school kids immunised, time to assess, plenty of good reasons.

There is still time to get immunised by Dec 15
The problem is  you need  2 doses  and a few weeks after the second dose to get full protection then 6 month later its at 64% for most  again.  Some stuff makes  sense  and some is nonsense some  is in between.
(20-11-2021, 11:02 AM)intrade Wrote:
(19-11-2021, 07:11 PM)TygerTung Wrote: There is still time to get immunised by Dec 15
The problem is  you need  2 doses  and a few weeks after the second dose to get full protection then 6 month later its at 64% for most  again.  Some stuff makes  sense  and some is nonsense some  is in between.

Good to see you here Ron.
Might be best to do this in Summer. Winter brings additional layers of complication, as Europe is discovering.
Just my own thoughts there should've been vaccination for all not just what NZ has
done by step by step thru age etc.

ps I'm a Polio survivor I contracted Polio just after the Sabin vaccine came out
Really it is easy to get the immunisation right now, so there is really no excuses.
It's not easy for the old and vulnerable, who after 5 months might be down to only 47% protection in December but still a month away from being allowed a booster. That is why it is too soon. It needs to be delayed to let that group get back to full protection. At the start of this covid thing the emphasis was on protecting those people, but that all seems to have gone out the window and politics is now more important.
Can any explain exactly how this traffic system works. Please don't quote me government website. I have read all this, I mean actually the way it will work for business. Will they have a security guard at the front doors, checking your id matches your vaccination certificate. If you don't scan it will there be flashing red lights and a siren because you don't have certification. I get how they would do it for big events as they will check as they check your bags, and your local restaurant could also check but what about malls? It just sounds so big brother to me. Yes I am double vax and so are my family but it still doesn't mean I am comfortable with this. Please don't quote me it is part of being a team of 5 million, and it would kill all my family if we don't. Yes I get it, but I want facts not drama.
im better at drama, sorry.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye