Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traffic Light System
I'd imagine it will be up to individual businesses - the ones required to check vaccine passes - how they do it. For enforcement, I expect there will be the occasional spot check.
I do have other cameras!
(22-11-2021, 05:30 PM)Ksuzy Wrote: Can any explain exactly how this traffic system works.  Please don't quote me government website.  I have read all this, I mean actually the way it will work for business.  Will they have a security guard at the front doors, checking your id matches your vaccination certificate.  If you don't scan it will there be flashing red lights and a siren because you don't have certification.  I get how they would do it for big events as they will check as they check your bags, and your local restaurant could also check but what about malls? It just sounds so big brother to me.  Yes I am double vax and so are my family but it still doesn't mean I am comfortable with this.  Please don't quote me it is part of being a team of 5 million, and it would kill all my family if we don't.  Yes I get it, but I want facts not drama.

as I read it HERE , the decision is still to be made at a government level, as to which industries will be *required* to collect vaccine status of customers, presumably so the anti-vaxxed can be rejected.  It also intimates that the business owner of other industries might be able to choose whether to do so or not.  Me personally, I would be...  

Anyone who has a hissy fit about showing their vaccine passport, is simply not vaxxed imho.  Then its up to you whether you want to let them in the premises.

FURTHER, after reading up on it HERE, there are different restrictions in place depending on whether you collect visitor vaccination status or not...  For some close contact businesses this aspect is the difference between being able to open, and having to close.  One of your choices as a business owner it would seem.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I think there's an app coming to let businesses verify vaccine passes...
So from the posts, we don't know yet as the government is still winging it. But it sounds like it will be big brother having to provide ID everywhere plus the vaccine cert. Of course except for the essential services. Then in six months time we have to do it again, and you will need to rinse and repeat and I suspect this will be going on for a few more years.

Just because I made this comment doesn't mean I am anti vax. I don't mind following rules but I do like my privacy big time.
(22-11-2021, 07:21 PM)Ksuzy Wrote: So from the posts, we don't know yet as the government is still winging it.  But it sounds like it will be big brother having to provide ID everywhere plus the vaccine cert.  Of course except for the essential services.  Then in six months time we have to do it again, and you will need to rinse and repeat and I suspect this will be going on for a few more years.

Just because I made this comment doesn't mean I am anti vax.  I don't mind following rules but I do like my privacy big time.
well yes there is a certain amount of compromise required, but it is for the greater good all things considered.  Not sure the ID will be required, as I see it the Covid Passport verifier app (used by organisations when you show your passport ) will verify the covid status online... don't think you will need to provide ID everywhere you go...

Bit more info HERE if it helps

The verifier app isn't sending any data to or receiving any data from a central database. All it does is decode the QR code to make sure it hasn't been fiddled with. All the info is held inside the QR.

Guess they may eyeball with your pass to make sure the details match up (hey bro, how long you been an octagenarian spinster?) but they probably won't care if overseas behaviour is any indication.
(22-11-2021, 08:33 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: The verifier app isn't sending any data to or receiving any data from a central database. All it does is decode the QR code to make sure it hasn't been fiddled with. All the info is held inside the QR.

Guess they may eyeball with your pass to make sure the details match up (hey bro, how long you been an octagenarian spinster?) but they probably won't care if overseas behaviour is any indication.

although it does say HERE that it should be connected to the internet on a regular basis to ensure it can verify all valid My Vaccine Passes

Might be more to do with updating the verifier if they change the spec on the QR? Hard to know with govt IT sometimes...
The Vaccine Pass times out after 6 months so perhaps this change in status requires the verifier to be operating in 'real time'. Too early to think through it further than that, where's my coffee.
I think a lot of people still think it is possible to retain personal privacy despite the fact being on the internet undermines that on a daily basis. Data is power. Data is wealth. And everytime any of us click on something we add to that data, and the folk who collect it know more about us than we know about ourselves.

To avoid that built in process takes a lot of effort and most of it costs money.

There is no such thing as privacy on the net. It is the price we pay for using the thing...
privacy, my arse
if you have a Facebook account, twitter feed, instagram account, google account, microsoft account then your records are for all to see, potentially.
Medical records, financial information etc is already available to 5third parties (insurers, banks etc. )
Anything contained digitally is vulnerable to invasion.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Right caught up with the news today, and can now see what they are planning. Should have just waited a day instead of posting on here. Yes you are correct about the internet and privacy. Sure anyone can try and hack into your details but one would presume some sort of protection for your bank details, insurances etc. I don't have a large digital footprint, no facebook, no instagram, no snap chat, no twitter. One thing I would be concerned about would be any government details. But really at the end of day it wouldn't be nice to have your life open up for all to see however anyone I am close too, knows most of the information already.
Read up on the personalisation of the net. It has been going on for years, and it is way too late to stop it now.

And it is all about money, not shaming people for their darkest secrets.
anyone who has ever filled out a census has given more information to the man than any vaccine card will.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
It is possible to become anonymous on the internet, but is takes more effort, and one would need to have a healthy dose of paranoia to bother doing it.