Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaccine app
After hours of trying I finally downloaded my covid vaccine app or what I thought was going to be an app, it was just a PDF that was emailed to me with a QR code on it and then I had trouble trying to extract it from my email (on phone) and then where to put it, couldnt put it on my home screen or a folder where I wanted it, it just sits in my download folder which I have to access through a file explorer program to get to it, once all this is done the thing is that damn small its a wonder anyone can see it!!! The government had all this time to work it out and the damn thing is crap.

There must be an easier way?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
That the pass that people are supposed to be able to scan with their phones?

I think I'll just wait for the letter. The one I requested on the twelveth of October.

Sigh...
I've also got it and printed it off, will cut out the pass and get it laminated to put in the pouch of the cover with my work phone, refuse to add it to my work phone as I have no control over it. I have it on my personal phone on the home page for easy access but had to lock the screen to enable me to download it
Crab2
(18-11-2021, 10:55 AM)crab2 Wrote: I've also got it and printed it off, will cut out the pass and get it laminated to put in the pouch of the cover with my work phone, refuse to add it to my work phone as I have no control over it. I have it on my home page but had to lock the screen to enable me to download it
Thats a good idea, cut out and laminate  Smile
Got mine yesterday with minimal fuss. I did notice (again) that the MoH website isn't compatible with Firefox so had to do the process using Edge. I contacted them a few months back when I was rescheduling my vax (away from the public centre to my GP's rooms) with the same automated reply being received then as yesterday but obviously their IT lackeys haven't managed to figure it out yet.

The first attempt failed to recognise that I had been double vax'd but that seemed to resolve itself after a couple of attempts.
If you know how to do it is very simple. Just down load it from the email it'll go to your downloads folder. Then go into that folder and long press on the file for a couple seconds then tap the 3 dots at the lower right hand side of the screen and 'create shortcut' .......that'll put a shortcut onto one of your home screens you can then long press that and drag it somewhere.

If you have a good file manager on the phone you can do this to ANY file.

If you can't do it then goto the google play store and install the FREE versiion of 'solid explorer' that's a very good file manager and will enable you to do what I've described.

(18-11-2021, 10:55 AM)crab2 Wrote:  I have it on my personal phone on the home page for easy access but had to lock the screen to enable me to download it
Eh ?
(18-11-2021, 02:25 PM)Me+Me Wrote: If you know how to do it is very simple.  Just down load it from the email it'll go to your downloads folder.  Then go into that folder and long press on the file for a couple seconds then tap the 3 dots at the lower right hand side of the screen and 'create shortcut' .......that'll put a shortcut onto one of your home screens you can then long press that and drag it somewhere. 

If you can't do it then goto the google play store and install the FREE versiion of 'solid explorer' that's a very good file manager and will enable you to do what I've described.

(18-11-2021, 10:55 AM)crab2 Wrote:  I have it on my personal phone on the home page for easy access but had to lock the screen to enable me to download it
Eh ?
Thank you Me+Me that worked a treat
another option that I have done, using dropbox and Android phone - there is a dropbox widget for showing folders on home screen.

1. Drop the documents in a dropbox folder
  2. tap and hold home screen, 
  3. choose widgets, 
  4. tap and hold dropbox to select, then place on home screen
  5. choose the folder you created in dropbox for your documents
  6. Create Shortcut
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I don't have an iPhone or similar, so it would be nice if they could issue out a wee card similar to a drivers licence with it on.
(19-11-2021, 03:04 PM)TygerTung Wrote: I don't have an iPhone or similar, so it would be nice if they could issue out a wee card similar to a drivers licence with it on.

it's just a pdf, print it out, fold in half same size as a CC
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Hopefully I heard this right but I believe there is an actual app coming (like the COVID tracer app), which should be easier than the current method. I heard them mention it during a press conf a while back.

For now, it's best to use the Google Pay or Apple Pay links in the email you receive after requesting the vaccine pass, this automatically adds it to your phone as a shortcut on your home screen (at least for Android).
(19-11-2021, 10:50 AM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(18-11-2021, 02:25 PM)Me+Me Wrote: If you know how to do it is very simple.  Just down load it from the email it'll go to your downloads folder.  Then go into that folder and long press on the file for a couple seconds then tap the 3 dots at the lower right hand side of the screen and 'create shortcut' .......that'll put a shortcut onto one of your home screens you can then long press that and drag it somewhere. 

Eh ?
Thank you Me+Me that worked a treat
good to hear and well done !
One of our lot rang the 0800 number today and by quoting his NHI number arranged for his vaccine pass within minutes with the help of the call centre person. If you are having difficulty with the process this is the way to do it. Have your number ready, your email for verification code and it can all be organised in minutes.

I will be doing that next week.
It took us a matter of a very few minutes to get the Vax cert. Downloaded placed on - phone good to go. Could have printed it also, but nah.....
i got both the international pass and the other . I laminate the nz one and hang it round my neck for them morons to check it.

(19-11-2021, 07:05 PM)Me+Me Wrote: It took us a matter of a very few minutes to get the Vax cert. Downloaded placed on - phone good to go. Could have printed it also,  but nah.....
its a bit more  complicated then that. you best logon with Realme and link it then you got to fill  some other  b$ out  best to use the same details as  you did  when you got the shotbro done. I made sure i used that same phone number Then  you  are done  you can  get the 2  certs to download and print off.
(20-11-2021, 11:03 AM)intrade Wrote: i got  both the international pass  and the other  . I  laminate the  nz one  and hang it  round  my  neck for them morons to check it.

(19-11-2021, 07:05 PM)Me+Me Wrote: It took us a matter of a very few minutes to get the Vax cert. Downloaded placed on - phone good to go. Could have printed it also,  but nah.....
its a bit more  complicated then that. you best logon with Realme and link it then you got to fill  some other  b$ out  best to use the same details as  you did  when you got the shotbro done. I made sure i used that same phone number Then  you  are done  you can  get the 2  certs to download and print off.
Mate, we'd set up the online "https://mycovidrecord.health.nz" several weeks ago so Like I said it took a very short time to get the Vax certs.  Just logged in and downloaded them in a matter of a couple mins.