Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile car painter
Anyone know of a mobile car painter in northwest Auckland. Need someone to sort a failing clearcoat issue on one door of an older car.
(18-11-2021, 10:02 AM)rpvr Wrote: Anyone know of a mobile car painter in northwest Auckland. Need someone to sort a failing clearcoat issue on one door of an older car.
You cant paint a  car mobile  you need a  dustfree 80,000$ spraybooth or at least a  blowup-one  for 2 grand  from ali and all the gear. It  will have to  be paid a  lot to be done  right. I did  experiment  with a foil over diy  thats  also is a nightmare to do by  your  self .
If not too fussy can sand it back & DIY with couple spay cans from the " s cheap " place that matches the colour from a menu . It will have both colour & clear in it . cut it with compound week later about $35 can spray it in long even strokes mist coat first then 2 ful coats 10 minutes apart until it looks wet
(19-11-2021, 04:10 PM)joe 90 Wrote: If not too fussy  can  sand it  back  &  DIY  with couple  spay cans    from    the "  s cheap  "  place  that  matches  the colour  from a  menu  .  It will have both  colour  &  clear  in it  .  cut it  with compound week later  about  $35  can  spray  it in long  even strokes  mist coat  first    then  2  ful coats  10 minutes apart  until it looks  wet
Not good at that kind of thing, I'm sure I would stuff it up.