Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm thinking I might grow a beard...
With needing to wear a mask when going out, I'm finding I don't even bother with the chin hairs anymore, as they don't get seen.

They are starting to grow quite nicely, so I figure that I might as well bring out the masculine side of me, and just go with it. Big Grin

So, what are you ladies neglecting, and thinking 'thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore' ?? What is going on underneath all the coverings??

Big Grin Cool Angel Huh Dodgy Blush
(19-11-2021, 06:13 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: With needing to wear a mask when going out, I'm finding I don't even bother with the chin hairs anymore, as they don't get seen.

They are starting to grow quite nicely, so I figure that I might as well bring out the masculine side of me, and just go with it. Big Grin

So, what are you ladies neglecting, and thinking 'thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore' ?? What is going on underneath all the coverings??

Well...one bonus I've discovered is that, if you happen to swear quietly  - no one knows. Rolleyes Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(21-11-2021, 02:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-11-2021, 06:13 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: With needing to wear a mask when going out, I'm finding I don't even bother with the chin hairs anymore, as they don't get seen.

Well...one bonus I've discovered is that, if you happen to swear quietly  - no one knows. Rolleyes Angel Dodgy
You can even go out without your false teeth in. 
(21-11-2021, 04:17 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 02:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Well...one bonus I've discovered is that, if you happen to swear quietly  - no one knows. Rolleyes Angel Dodgy
You can even go out without your false teeth in. 
 Funny you should mention that - there was a small accident the other day which may have involved me & them....handy things, those masks. Rolleyes Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(21-11-2021, 06:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 04:17 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: You can even go out without your false teeth in. 
 Funny you should mention that - there was a small accident the other day which may have involved me & them....handy things, those masks. Rolleyes Angel
I have nearly lost mine, when either sneezing or laughing. Big Grin

Leave the buggers out next time you go out lilith. The freedom is so liberating. Angel

Oh, and not wearing lippy. I hate putting lipstick on when I go out.

I would draw the line at going out naked though. Only  mine and the kitty's eyes get to see that appalling atrocity. Sad Even she looks away sometimes. Big Grin
(21-11-2021, 06:39 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 06:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:  Funny you should mention that - there was a small accident the other day which may have involved me & them....handy things, those masks. Rolleyes Angel
I have nearly lost mine, when either sneezing or laughing. Big Grin

Leave the buggers out next time you go out lilith. The freedom is so liberating. Angel

I would draw the line at going out naked though. Only  mine and the kitty's eyes get to see that appalling atrocity. Sad Even she looks away sometimes. Big Grin
  I've noticed the cat who runs the house is always studiously sleeping at moments like that - & the dog, too. Big Grin
(22-11-2021, 10:36 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 06:39 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I have nearly lost mine, when either sneezing or laughing. Big Grin

I've noticed the cat who runs the house is always studiously sleeping at moments like that - & the dog, too. Big Grin
It's really hard to get good obedient pets these days. They know they have us over a barrel.

I don't see my girl paying for anything either. Pfft. Little monsters.
Masks being Mandatory on the public Transport, you can sit with your mouth open, totally relaxed (Catching fly's so to speak) no one can see Lol!,

Masks being Mandatory on the public Transport, you can sit with your mouth open, totally relaxed (Catching fly's so to speak) no one can see Lol!,
(22-11-2021, 12:24 PM)flossy63 Wrote:

The flies can't get in. How cool is that.  Big Grin

I have a love/hate relationship with my mask. I hate it coz it stupifies me, and I love it coz I can be free of the restraints of makeup, lippy, and teeth. It's bloody brilliant. Why did it take covid, to bring about such freedoms. lol
(22-11-2021, 12:24 PM)flossy63 Wrote:

When I was in my teens I used to wonder why it was that some older women allowed hairs to grow on their faces; now I know that it was probably because the poor old souls had failing eyesight & just couldn't see the bloody things!  Rolleyes Wink
Mind you, one of the joys of being older is suffering fools far less gladly.
(22-11-2021, 01:58 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 12:24 PM)flossy63 Wrote: Masks being Mandatory on the public Transport, you can sit with your mouth open, totally relaxed (Catching fly's so to speak) no one can see Lol!,
When I was in my teens I used to wonder why it was that some older women allowed hairs to grow on their faces; now I know that it was probably because the poor old souls had failing eyesight & just couldn't see the bloody things!  Rolleyes Wink
It has occurred to me we have failing eyesight SO we don't see our aging selves. (And others). If no-one invented glasses our peers would not see the wrinkles and extra chin hair.
(06-12-2021, 03:24 PM)bryalea Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 01:58 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: When I was in my teens I used to wonder why it was that some older women allowed hairs to grow on their faces; now I know that it was probably because the poor old souls had failing eyesight & just couldn't see the bloody things!  Rolleyes Wink
It has occurred to me we have failing eyesight SO we don't see our aging selves. (And others). If no-one invented glasses our peers would not see the wrinkles and extra chin hair.
Novel idea - the only problem may be that we might constantly trip over each other. Angel
(06-12-2021, 03:24 PM)bryalea Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 01:58 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: When I was in my teens I used to wonder why it was that some older women allowed hairs to grow on their faces; now I know that it was probably because the poor old souls had failing eyesight & just couldn't see the bloody things!  Rolleyes Wink
Trouble is, is that I can still feel them, even if I can't see them. I sit there of an evening, and pluck away. I like the feel once I've finished.

Does anyone else have hair growing around the corners of their top lip as well? Huh
(06-12-2021, 07:38 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 03:24 PM)bryalea Wrote: It has occurred to me we have failing eyesight SO we don't see our aging selves. (And others). If no-one invented glasses our peers would not see the wrinkles and extra chin hair.
Trouble is, is that I can still feel them, even if I can't see them. I sit there of an evening, and pluck away. I like the feel once I've finished.

Does anyone else have hair growing around the corners of their top lip as well? Huh
Not sure I should confess to this... Undecided but yep. 30 odd years ago I used to get electrolysis to zap whatever. Had my eyebrows shaped and I have never had to pluck again. Lady doing it was a friends friend and we would both go together. So chin hair, brows and side of lips occasionally (that really hurts). One go didn't always do it but one day I had a BIG THICK BLACK pubic type hair grow right at the corner of my lips... one good long zap sent it packing and I never had another regrow like that. Still get some and chin hairs. Probably less than I would have without that couple of years zapping it.