Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New categories added!
I have added a few sub-categories today, and will be adding more over the coming weeks.
I have added a new outdoor sports category which covers, everything from hunting and fishing to boating, watersports and skiing.
Please feel free to take a look around, and if you have any suggestions, fire away under category suggestions.

Enjoy Smile

TMMB Admin
Thumbs Up 
(21-02-2020, 01:39 PM)Admin Wrote: I have added a few sub-categories today, and will be adding more over the coming weeks.
I have added a new outdoor sports category which covers, everything from hunting and fishing to boating, watersports and skiing.
Please feel free to take a look around, and if you have any suggestions, fire away under category suggestions.

Enjoy Smile

TMMB Admin
Crab2
Is there going to be a Parenting category? I know it is not closing on the other board but just wondering as all the other categories seem to be here.
Nothing to do with categories, but is it possible to turn off the nesting of quoted posts - it makes threads difficult to read if the same material is presented multiple times. Some posts have 3 or 4 quotes before you get to see what is being said.
(21-02-2020, 01:52 PM)SweetP Wrote: Is there going to be a Parenting category?  I know it is not closing on the other board but just wondering as all the other categories seem to be here.
At this stage no, mainly becasue TM still have it going and secondly its been known to be very toxic from the feedback ive recieved. I believe many are moving to another parenting forum anyway.
(21-02-2020, 07:18 PM)Praktica Wrote: Nothing to do with categories, but is it possible to turn off the nesting of quoted posts  -  it makes threads difficult to read if the same material is presented multiple times. Some posts have 3 or 4 quotes before you get to see what is being said.
Ill take a look and see if there are any options to change, all i can say is most forums ive been on, behave in this way, quite often the rules will prohibit this sort of thing, for probably this very reason.
How about a category simply called news for current headlines?
(21-02-2020, 07:18 PM)Praktica Wrote: Nothing to do with categories, but is it possible to turn off the nesting of quoted posts  -  it makes threads difficult to read if the same material is presented multiple times. Some posts have 3 or 4 quotes before you get to see what is being said.
I agree. I find it a bit distracting to have to read through all the previous posts before getting to the new ones.
(22-02-2020, 06:06 PM)lindymf55 Wrote:
I agree. I find it a bit distracting to have to read through all the previous posts before getting to the new ones.
I find it easier to scroll through the nested posts than searching back through numerous earlier posts to find out what the conversation is based on.
(22-02-2020, 08:44 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 06:06 PM)lindymf55 Wrote: I agree. I find it a bit distracting to have to read through all the previous posts before getting to the new ones.
I find it easier to scroll through the nested posts than searching back through numerous earlier posts to find out what the conversation is based on.
the solution is to just click New Reply and you won't get the Quotes
Crab2
There are plugins that I can install that should allow long quotes to show in their own small scroll box and/or add an expand button.

Other things I want to look at is if there are ways to display more posts per page on each thread, currently its limited to 20 posts max.