Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
facebook 'related discussions' problem
(20-11-2021, 04:25 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Do you mean within your groups?

I haven't experienced this at all on FB, but I've not set up any groups. I belong to some though.
No, not within my groups. Only on my own Page. For example, several days ago I put up a post about yesterday's partial eclipse of the moon. Usually I would choose the Friends-only setting but I had it temporarily set to Public as I had several  personal friends I wanted to see it but they are not yet my facebook friends. Then all of a sudden all these posts appeared from people who photograph mushrooms and they were going on and on about camera settings for various unusual mushrooms and dates and places when the mushrooms were at their best etc etc. I couldn't understand why they were posting on my thread but then I saw something from facebook saying I might enjoy what they call "Related Discussions"!

(20-11-2021, 04:47 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Are you a private membership, or public?  My page is secured up the wazoo, and I haven't had that issue. Maybe check your settings...
Not sure what you mean by 'private' and 'public' membership'. I control the settings for my posts to choose 'Everyone' or 'Friends only' or 'specific friends only' depending on what the post is. But I've never come across 'membership' settings -where do you find those?

Messages In This Thread
RE: facebook 'related discussions' problem - by ardent - 20-11-2021, 05:39 PM