Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buying new sheets
Which is the best for a 'no iron' sheet set?

I have two pairs.
One pair I got from Spotlight that are brilliant. Wash and put away.
The other pair, I got from Briscoes. Paid more for them, good quality, but they look ugly unironed, and I'm buggered if I'm going to iron them, and it's only me and the kitty to please, so we deal with unironed wrinkled sheets. I hate that.
Most of ours are bamboo so are soft enough for any wrinkles not to be an issue but my partner takes great care to hang them up after washing and then fold them to avoid ruffling them excessively. I am not worthy to be trusted with that aspect of the household chores so can't describe the process in more detail than that.
(21-11-2021, 07:56 PM)harm_less Wrote: Most of ours are bamboo so are soft enough for any wrinkles not to be an issue but my partner takes great care to hang them up after washing and then fold them to avoid ruffling them excessively. I am not worthy to be trusted with that aspect of the household chores so can't describe the process in more detail than that.

i too have been sidelined in the laundry department.
apparently my hanging on the line is all wrong, my folding skills lacking and accusations of hiding things.

i was also removed from lawn duty soon after marrying. shoddy job, indifferent parallel expectations, throwing clippings over fence to neighbours and a host of other sins.

my true master stroke was the 'allergy' i developed to handling seafood. ive not cleaned a fish since 1992.

life is made up of small wins.

oh, i cant chop kindling anymore either, sharp pointy things and repeated axe related incidents.
but i hold the torch while she does it. fairs fair.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
hahaha you poor funny buggers.

Two golden rules of marriage:

1. The wife is always right.

2. When you feel she is wrong, slap yourself, and read rule number one again.
I have a small thing about good bed linen and have been known to haunt Smith & Caughey's Christmas sale in search of Sanderson. But just recently I scored a pair of cotton sheets from Morgan & Finch, and they are superb. Heavy cotton, stay crisp, and definitely no iron...
(22-11-2021, 07:25 AM)Magoo Wrote:
oh, i cant chop kindling anymore either, sharp pointy things and repeated axe related incidents.
Get her one of these for Christmas. Makes kindling splitting so much easier and if you pair it with an LED headlamp you'll be doubly popular!
(22-11-2021, 10:05 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 07:25 AM)Magoo Wrote:
Get her one of these for Christmas. Makes kindling splitting so much easier and if you pair it with an LED headlamp you'll be doubly popular!
cor thats flash.
and only as much as a tank of gas!
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye