Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The COVID-19 Protection Framework
Otherwise known as the traffic light system

The summary A4 PDF explaining the framework.

View at covid19.govt.nz
(An embedded pdf viewer in here would be great.)  

or open below...

.pdf   COVID-19-Protection-Framework-22-October-2021 (1).pdf (Size: 83.53 KB / Downloads: 5)
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Awesome, thanks.

See that the 6pm News are doing their darnedest to paint the framework as some unexplainable mystery pie that nobody in NZ understands, but it really isn't that difficult.

If they'd asked NZers what Level 3 meant before the levels came into use, the same "Huh?" response would have happened. But they didn't, so now they can continue controlling the narrative like they always do. Sigh.
(22-11-2021, 07:02 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Awesome, thanks.

See that the 6pm News are doing their darnedest to paint the framework as some unexplainable mystery pie that nobody in NZ understands, but it really isn't that difficult.

If they'd asked NZers what Level 3 meant before the levels came into use, the same "Huh?" response would have happened. But they didn't, so now they can continue controlling the narrative like they always do. Sigh.
yeah I don't think it's that difficult either. 

Basically as long as you know your colour level,
  • there are some 'General Settings' that everyone should adhere to 
  • Businesses that collect vaccination certificates - limited or no restrictions, depending on colour level
  • Businesses that choose not to collect vaccination certificates - more restrictive conditions at all levels.
  • Some industries will have a requirement to collect vaccination certificates 
There will be an app available shortly for businesses to verify covid passports - details HERE
(I guess this is needed as some members of society might choose to counterfeit passes)

More info from HERE, regarding which businesses are required to check vaccination passes 

He (Michael Wood) said the tool provides a clear legal framework to help businesses and other employers to decide about vaccinations in the workplace.

It builds on guidance and advice from workSafe, public health agencies, Business New Zealand and the Council of Trade Unions.

It has four criteria, at least three of which must be met before a business can require vaccination:
  • Workers are in an area with less than 100m2 indoor space

• Workers work less than 1m apart from other people

• Workers are routinely near others for more than 15 minutes

• That the workers provide services to people vulnerable to Covid-19
Businesses that opt in or are required to use the passes, but which fail to enforce them, are set to face penalties which are being increased from $300 to $12,000 for a company, or $15,000 for a court-imposed fine for a company.

The biggest uncertainty is whst level we will open up at. We know auckland is opening in red, but have no idea if we will start in orange or red where I am
(23-11-2021, 01:48 PM)king1 Wrote: More info from HERE, regarding which businesses are required to check vaccination passes 

He (Michael Woodhouse) said the tool provides a clear legal framework to help businesses and other employers to decide about vaccinations in the workplace.

It builds on guidance and advice from workSafe, public health agencies, Business New Zealand and the Council of Trade Unions.

It has four criteria, at least three of which must be met before a business can require vaccination:

Businesses that opt in or are required to use the passes, but which fail to enforce them, are set to face penalties which are being increased from $300 to $12,000 for a company, or $15,000 for a court-imposed fine for a company.
I think you might mean Michael Wood, not Michael Woodhouse.  They are VERY different MPs.
Thumbs Up 
(25-11-2021, 12:42 PM)Olive Wrote:
(23-11-2021, 01:48 PM)king1 Wrote: More info from HERE, regarding which businesses are required to check vaccination passes 

He (Michael Woodhouse) said the tool provides a clear legal framework to help businesses and other employers to decide about vaccinations in the workplace.

I think you might mean Michael Wood, not Michael Woodhouse.  They are VERY different MPs.
Thanks for the heads up...

The thing is tho that it all hangs off the back of vaccination certificates. There's an article on stuff today about them and it says "Thirdly, and you couldn’t make this up, the My Vaccine Pass record was sent out as an editable PDF. Meaning anyone can edit their Pass’ name and date of birth, with the most basic of software, in a matter of seconds." Apparently there were about 2 million of them out there as of Weds.

That last post elevated me to the lofty height of recruit so I can now link the article https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/30046...ch-project
Could someone tell me, why the vaccine pass, isn't like a credit card, that you could swipe as you enter a building?? Or am I missing something?
(27-11-2021, 12:35 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Could someone tell me, why the vaccine pass, isn't like a credit card, that you could swipe as you enter a building?? Or am I missing something?

in a way the covid pass is like a cc in that it can be added to your google pay on android or iphone (to swipe an eftpos machine for paywave etc) but the problem with these is that it requires a pin or passcode on the device for security, and a surprising number of folks who only use phone as a phone, don't have pins or other security on their devices.  The few I have talked to about this aspect didn't want pins and opted for a paper copy...

The other part of the problem is not many buildings have the hardware for swiping, those that do would all need to pay to have system upgraded to support it.  Otherwise all premises would need to buy/provide the hardware required for swiping.

The QR codes are probably the quickest, easiest to learn, cheapest and lowest compliance cost option for all concerned.  I would have liked to see the covid pass integrated in the covid trace app though...

(27-11-2021, 12:31 PM)CorylusMaxima Wrote: The thing is tho that it all hangs off the back of vaccination certificates. There's an article on stuff today about them and it says "Thirdly, and you couldn’t make this up, the My Vaccine Pass record was sent out as an editable PDF. Meaning anyone can edit their Pass’ name and date of birth, with the most basic of software, in a matter of seconds." Apparently there were about 2 million of them out there as of Weds.

That last post elevated me to the lofty height of recruit so I can now link the article https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/30046...ch-project

What I didn't understand is why that Stuff article's author had a different name to the name he uses on his own blog that he linked through to...

Being able to edit the PDF doesn't really mean anything though. If it were uneditable, you could still take a screenshot and edit that, much in the same way I could take a screenshot of your uneditable post and change it all to say "Boobies".

Remember that the QR also holds the name and date of birth of the original owner, so as soon as an edited pass gets scanned by someone at the door and they look at your pass with different details, the game is up. On the plus side for the non-vaxxed (which in no way makes up for their inherent stupidity), don't expect a whole lot of scanning to go on. It's going to be way too onerous for most businesses to bother doing.
(27-11-2021, 01:03 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-11-2021, 12:35 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Could someone tell me, why the vaccine pass, isn't like a credit card, that you could swipe as you enter a building?? Or am I missing something?

in a way the covid pass is like a cc in that it can be added to your google pay on android or iphone (to swipe an eftpos machine for paywave etc) but the problem with these is that it requires a pin or passcode on the device for security, and a surprising number of folks who only use phone as a phone, don't have pins or other security on their devices.  The few I have talked to about this aspect didn't want pins and opted for a paper copy...

The other part of the problem is not many buildings have the hardware for swiping, those that do would all need to pay to have system upgraded to support it.  Otherwise all premises would need to buy/provide the hardware required for swiping.

The QR codes are probably the quickest, easiest to learn, cheapest and lowest compliance cost option for all concerned.  I would have liked to see the covid pass integrated in the covid trace app though...
That makes sense re the cost to businesses to install the systems. Thanks for that king.

New Zealand's Covid-19 Protection Framework.
I want to know which part of the framework says we should still be in orange.
(21-01-2022, 08:44 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I want to know which part of the framework says we should still be in orange.
Well - why don't you send the health ministry a query? I'm sure they get questions from all sorts of people.
I do have other cameras!
we're in orange?

is that bad?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(21-01-2022, 08:44 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I want to know which part of the framework says we should still be in orange.
From what I read, the framework itself specifies the response only - decisions about which level of the framework we are currently in are made by actual humans Smile

(21-01-2022, 09:44 PM)king1 Wrote:
From what I read, the framework itself specifies the response only - decisions about which level of the framework we are currently in are made by actual humans Smile
Great but our current situation, based on the traffic light breakdown says we should be at green not orange.

Limited community transmission
Heath system ready to  respond
And Omicron starting to leak out. Orange is barely enough and it won't be long before we will need to be in red.
(22-01-2022, 06:51 AM)Olive Wrote: And Omicron starting to leak out.  Orange is barely enough and it won't be long before we will need to be in red.
Less than a week I think.  Omicron will take hold fast.