Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shower over bath attachment
To make accessing shower, which is over he bath, safer for me the hospital occupational therapist sent me a stainless steel hose with and a shower head which she told me was to replace the existing shower head. Apparently I should purchase a pole and other bits for it including a fitting to replace shower head and connect the hose to. I guess the pole screws into the wall but I wonder if water could get in behind through the screw holes.
I can’t see how this would help me as my main concern is stepping over side of bath getting in and out.
Maybe I should just thank her and return it.
My Mum used a seat that swiveled, on a support that sat on across the bath so she could sit and I could lift her legs over the bath wall then she could shower herself before we reversed the procedure and I could help her transfer to a chair beside the bath to dry off. It was so long ago I can't remember the make but I'm sure your OT could source one for you. It had suction cups to secure it, so it could be lifted off to clear the way for the rest of us to use the bath...

As for the pipe pole, you can seal the screw holes, but it might be best to get a handy person to do that for you. The hose base handset is damned useful though...
Yes that was also on offer but I really don’t need any thing like that. Maybe one day…….