Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FFS, Why do people leave their pets in the car
Surely SPCA shouldn't have to be telling people not to do this. How thick are people???? Obviously as thick as pig shit.

SPCA is pleading with pet owners not to leave their dogs unattended in their vehicles even for a few minutes after a puppy was recently left in a car that reached 50°C.
As the weather warms, we have already received a surge of calls this month about dogs being left unattended inside vehicles in heat. This includes a five-month-old puppy SPCA Inspectors rescued in Wellington from a car with windows up, and the puppy showing signs of heat distress.
This is one of the biggest preventable welfare issues animals face during summer months, and it’s frustrating to see how many pet owners still routinely leave their dogs in hot cars.
It can take just a few minutes for the inside of a car to reach a temperature that's unsafe for your pet, so if you're leaving your vehicle, please take your dog with you. If you’re going places where this will not be possible, it’s important to leave them at home.

https://www.spca.nz/news-and-events/news...plqPtqrvp4
Must be the day for stupid people. I went to an outpatients appointment this morning, and there is a protocol these days to get into the building. We are checked, and questioned and have to specifically answer the questions. One idiot 40s male about halfway back started yelling at the nurse doing the check, 'I'm a taxpayer, hurry up - I have to get back to work!' I let that go, she asked the next question and he started again, this time with a few extra words thrown in. Again with the 'I'm a taxpayer...' bit. So I turned round and said in my best Mummy voice 'And she is an employee doing her job. Kindly shut up and let her do it.'

Dead silence.

I made a friend today. Got a thank you from her on the way out, lol...
(24-11-2021, 11:46 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Must be the day for stupid people. I went to an outpatients appointment this morning, and there is a protocol these days to get into the building. We are checked, and questioned and have to specifically answer the questions. One idiot 40s male about halfway back started yelling at the nurse doing the check, 'I'm a taxpayer, hurry up - I have to get back to work!' I let that go, she asked the next question and he started again, this time with a few extra words thrown in. Again with the 'I'm a taxpayer...' bit. So I turned round and said in my best Mummy voice 'And she is an employee doing her job. Kindly shut up and let her do it.'

Dead silence.

god there's some entitled idiots in the world
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Bullies. His wife was with him and looked like a wee mouse. She was the patient. Probably because she married a fool.
(24-11-2021, 11:46 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Must be the day for stupid people. I went to an outpatients appointment this morning, and there is a protocol these days to get into the building. We are checked, and questioned and have to specifically answer the questions. One idiot 40s male about halfway back started yelling at the nurse doing the check, 'I'm a taxpayer, hurry up - I have to get back to work!' I let that go, she asked the next question and he started again, this time with a few extra words thrown in. Again with the 'I'm a taxpayer...' bit. So I turned round and said in my best Mummy voice 'And she is an employee doing her job. Kindly shut up and let her do it.'

Dead silence.

Go you hunni. Not sure I would have been brave enough to say it, but I'd have thought it, and wanted to.

The abuse that the very people who are wanting to help us, is simply astonishing.

I wonder what his wife was thinking at the time.

Dead silence.

Bloody well done, that Hunni! I bet he got one hell of a shock, & serves him right. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(24-11-2021, 03:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Dead silence.

Bloody well done, that Hunni! I bet he got one hell of a shock, & serves him right. Smile
I'd love to think that his wife gave him a good biff around the ear hole as well. Big Grin
(24-11-2021, 03:10 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(24-11-2021, 03:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:  Bloody well done, that Hunni! I bet he got one hell of a shock, & serves him right. Smile
I'd love to think that his wife gave him a good biff around the ear hole as well. Big Grin
  Oh, if only! Big Grin   Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I just got cross. There was this little nurse trying to be really nice to everyone and this damned fool was being the bully boy...

Sod 'im.
(24-11-2021, 06:11 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I just got cross. There was this little nurse trying to be really nice to everyone and this damned fool was being the bully boy...

Sod 'im.
  People like that really annoy me - they seem to believe that only they are paying any tax; feckin idjits with overdeveloped egos. Big Grin
He was lucky. If I get Very Cross I bite people.
I hope you've had your rabies shot hunni.
No need, I cured the hydrophobia with regular doses of pinot gris.
Good story.

Back to the OP. Yeah people are dumb. People just don't think. They don't think that THEY wouldn't want to sit it that car in the same circumstances, (window open a tad maybe for 'air'), in the boiling hot sun for any length of time at all ! Yet they shut the dog, the child etc up in it. Doh ! Unfortunately many people are either just plain stupid or simply don't give a shit about other beings.
I call it negligence and stupidity.

Parents do it with their children too, and think nothing of it. "I was only meant to be gone a minute".

Call the Police or the SPCA if we see this. I know I would.
People are stupid. They also don't think when busy and stressed...

And pets and children often pay the price.
(25-11-2021, 10:57 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: People are stupid. They also don't think when busy and stressed...

And pets and children often pay the price.
  That's possibly a part of it, too. Xmas stress tends to kick in around about now.
I wonder how many of us have almost left a kid in the car, walked a little, and realised something was missing.lol

I do remember walking out of my house, and leaving a kid behind in the house. OOps. "Sorry kiddo, but I forgot you were here." :-))

Not funny of course, but it is funny when you look back and remember what you did.

The stories that parents could tell...if they dare.
(25-11-2021, 02:13 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I wonder how many of us have almost left a kid in the car, walked a little, and realised something was missing.lol

I do remember walking out of my house, and leaving a kid behind in the house. OOps. "Sorry kiddo, but I forgot you were here." :-))

Not funny of course, but it is funny when you look back and remember what you did.

The stories that parents could tell...if they dare.
  I have no idea at all what you could possibly mean.... Angel Big Grin