Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost 1 in 5 NZ Delta cases are children
(27-11-2021, 06:28 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(27-11-2021, 06:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:   I don't think that's altogether a fair comment; there was no indication of a 'cavalier disregard for the safety of children' - just a different way of seeing this.
If it was up to me, parenting classes would be compulsory in high schools, using the lifelike dolls & including basic budgeting, cooking, gardening as soon as it could be set up, & parenting classes for all new parents likewise, with classes (free) to all existing parents who want a bit of help. And for those who exhibit really dire parenting skills as well - help & support to become better parents.
Going into mask mandated areas where there are others, including children, may be in close proximity is to show a cavalier disregard for the health of those vulnerable kids. this is why we fucking well mandated it. to keep people safe. 
to consider yourself ok to go unmasked for your own selfish reasons (its hot, its hard to breath. bullshit.) is both arrogant and flippant.

not on my watch.

All trends indicate that a healthy unvaccinated child is at less risk of serious illness from covid than a vaccinated older person. Knowing that, is there a reason you are so concerned about children? Also if people are concerned about being exposed to covid by those not wearing masks, then surely the best way to keep yourself safe is to steer clear of those people. Getting in their space and conversing angrily with them would have the opposite effect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Almost 1 in 5 NZ Delta cases are children - by egem - 27-11-2021, 08:16 PM