Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disinformation
(21-11-2021, 02:39 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(20-11-2021, 02:04 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: While Groundswell may have some valid points, to be protesting when this country is struggling to cope with a pandemic was never going to be a good look.

And if the racist comments aren't swiftly stamped out, together with the childish claims of a 'communist PM' then that well may damage any credibility they might have.
Hmmm yet I recall all the applause for BLM protests last year, also right in the middle of the pandemic.  So that protest  fine but this one "not a good look".
That isn't at all what I said. The day people are afraid to protest is the day we can kiss democracy goodbye. Huh

And this isn't about the USA where they have the BLM movement, its about NZ & the groundswell protests, which have so far included racist signs & talk of hanging various people; which isn't generally a sign of a healthy protest.

(21-11-2021, 02:26 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: They are also the more highly educated countries...

This is interesting...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming...t-movement
  It is that - they seem to have a problem with some of their followers being caught up in American politics & chucking that into this movement.

And really - "Several cars on Auckland’s Queen St beared signs of “Trump” and MAGA – a play on former American President Donald Trump’s Make America Great Again slogan. Racist signs were also used."

"Beared signs?!!" Bloody hell - what the devil happened to the standard of basic English language & basic reporting??

That doesn't bode well for their movement at all, if racists & those with other interests are not prepared to put aside their ideas it may split it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Trump signs. FFS.
this sign says so much more than just the little orange maggots name.
it is part of a meme. A type. hard to fathom that we have a trump cult in this country, but one only has to read a thread or two of NZ Issues to see his pervasive influence.
The internet doesnt discriminate which idiots will go down the QAnon/CT nutbar rabbit hole. The algorithm is just as likely to ensnare a gullible fool here in nz as anywhere else.
While these followers are little more than cuckolds of Russian boiler room net trolls and mike the pillow guy..
With their Twitter doctorates and YouTube diplomas they dispense arrogant 'we are smarter than you' 'sheeple' etc.
Collectively dumber than dirt the mentally uneducated morons (biggest demographic) still wank on about Biden being illegitimate president etc

Sad, dull witted mouth breathers sitting in their parents basement surrounded by damp kleenex telling people that they are smarter than everyone else.

oh well, theres owt as queer as folk
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Someone is managing to choreograph these protests and it ain't the farmers.
Judging by the pretty average turnout, they're not that well choreographed - no surprises when the taxpayers union are involved!
(21-11-2021, 05:03 PM)harm_less Wrote: Someone is managing to choreograph these protests and it ain't the farmers.
It definitely has to be a possibility from the looks of things. Its still so hard to credit that so many Kiwis could believe such total bollocks, but then again there's really no reason we should be immune to the madness of the internet nasty nutters r' us brigade.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(21-11-2021, 04:30 PM)Magoo Wrote: Trump signs. FFS.
this sign says so much more than just the little orange maggots name.
it is part of a meme. A type. hard to fathom that we have a trump cult in this country, but one only has to read a thread or two of NZ Issues to see his pervasive influence.
The internet doesnt discriminate which idiots will go down the QAnon/CT nutbar rabbit hole. The algorithm is just as likely to ensnare a gullible fool here in nz as anywhere else.
While these followers are little more than cuckolds of Russian boiler room net trolls and mike the pillow guy..
With their Twitter doctorates and YouTube diplomas they dispense arrogant 'we are smarter than you' 'sheeple' etc.
Collectively dumber than dirt the mentally uneducated morons (biggest demographic) still wank on about Biden being illegitimate president etc

Sad, dull witted mouth breathers sitting in their parents basement surrounded by damp kleenex telling people that they are smarter than everyone else.

oh well, theres owt as queer as folk
Pretty strongly put but yea i agree, WTF has Trump got to do with anything. I see a whole lot of weasels from the greens, Tamaki, anti vaxers and to trump supporters tried to jump in on the protest. Bunch of parasites the lot of them that should do their own thing.
I saw some of the vehicles down there. Didn't see much in the way of antivax messages, but more about freedom and unity.
I.e, anti lockdown and anti mandate messages and those about treating vaxxed and uncaxxed equal.
Most of the cars were from farmers with some townies joining in.
In the midst of a pandemic freedom and unity may be strange bedfellows.
(22-11-2021, 09:43 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: In the midst of a pandemic freedom and unity may be strange bedfellows.
 True, that.
(22-11-2021, 08:07 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I.e, anti lockdown and anti mandate messages and those about treating vaxxed and uncaxxed equal.
And one of the problems is that the Vaxed and UNVax'd are NOT equal. 

AS the UNVax'd will find out if/when they catch Covid.