Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I wonder if Collins was feeling the heat
Love this...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/94869389...h-cartoons

And the latest Tom Sainsbury upload on farcebook is fun too!
(25-11-2021, 07:45 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 05:36 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Surely the Green Party are not dragging their heels on climate change too much? I mean it is the whole purpose of the party.
They are, in order to get some things through they seem to think compromise is okay.
It isn't. They all need to start getting louder and take more political risks.
But they won't. They like the job too much.

(25-11-2021, 06:33 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Where is Peter Goodfellow in this particular debacle? Hiding in the wings yet again? When is that man going to front up for the ongoing long term mismanagement of members of his party? Or is that not his job...

The buck seems to go round and round and round in that world.
And the butt covering continues...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ss-release

Maybe since the Green Party is a minority in parliament, they require the support of a larger party to get any policies implemented. If they were to insist on a more extreme/effective policy, it would be unlikely to instated.

There is an issue with this sort of thing as more effective policies tend to be politically unpalatable as predominately most people in the general public will say they care about the environment, but are unwilling to change their lifestyle in any way, therefore are unlikely to support a political party which is implementing policies which will affect their lifestyle.
I do feel very slightly sorry for Judith Collins; she's had a very long wait to become leader of the Nats & I think she deserved one more bash at an election....but only very slightly.

Her own behaviour, her need to destroy all opposition just didn't go far enough - anyone using her methods of 'hit back twice as hard' should have known enough to have a substantial dossier of dirt on all who might even just possibly, oppose her at any future point.

I'm very pleased that she didn't succeed - now is the time for a different, fairer & more open method of government so here's hoping that somehow that will eventually happen.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(26-11-2021, 10:26 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I do feel very slightly sorry for Judith Collins......

I don't feel sorry for her at all. I had professional dealings with her many years ago before she went into politics and she was rude, pompous, unreliable and inefficient. I've loathed her ever since.
I would rather have Judy than Cindy !!!!
Judy has more Sense than Cindy as shes been a Bussiness Woman for along time.
(26-11-2021, 10:46 AM)Ferrit47 Wrote: I would rather have Judy than Cindy !!!!
How unfortunate for you - you may have to put up with Shany or Andy, or Si...
I do have other cameras!
(26-11-2021, 10:38 AM)Olive Wrote:
(26-11-2021, 10:26 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I do feel very slightly sorry for Judith Collins......

I don't feel sorry for her at all.  I had professional dealings with her many years ago before she went into politics and she was rude, pompous, unreliable and inefficient.  I've loathed her ever since.
  Then the beehive is well rid of her & her influence. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)