Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Unmasked "Exempt" Can be Found: Cities, Suburbs, Towns
(25-11-2021, 06:13 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 05:34 PM)king1 Wrote: why? shouldn't you find out if they have an exemption first...

It is absolutely pointless having an angry confrontation with someone who can't wear a mask because they were kidnapped, sexually assaulted, blindfolded or who knows what other horrors... and you have absolutely no right to enquire as to the reason.

Some genuinely can't wear them, but that does not give you the right to treat them like they're antivaxxers
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...-awareness

There was an article in Stuff a few weeks ago quoting a GP who said that in his practice of about 1,200 patients, there was one who might be eligible for an exemption. 
Those who don't want to wear a mask are hiding behind those who genuinely can't, relying on the general public's reticence to make a fuss when face-to-face with an unmasked person. There needs to be a crackdown on the fake exemptions. It's ridiculous at the moment. My auntie won't visit her local shops anymore because of the number of unmasked (in a low vaccination town). She drives 15 minutes on SH1 to another town. She shouldn't have to do that.
An option for those who can't wear masks is a visor shield. OK, they may feel a little silly, but we all felt like that when first wearing masks. An employee in a shop I visited recently was wearing one.
Yep totally agree, for the record I have an exemption.  It was ridiculously easy to obtain.  My needs are genuine, respiratory issues that get the worse the longer i wear masks... By evenings I am a mess after wearing a mask all/half the day.

However I agree, as i said it was ridiculously easy to obtain, an email to the disabled persons assembly, with a brief explanation...  

It needs to be tightened up but that is not the fault of those with a genuine need, unfortunately the system is another trust model

Here is the text from the email they sent about this aspect

Quote:Using the card
The use of this card is self-regulated and decided upon by the individual. However, the Ministry of Health encourages people to do the right thing and only use this Exemption Card if you need to.
If anyone asks why you are not wearing a face covering, you can show them the card. You don’t need to show this card to public transport operators like bus drivers, but you can if you want to.

Sometimes the reason why a face covering is unsuitable for you is not obvious to others. You should not worry if a business owner or employee approaches you to ask whether you are able to wear a face covering. They are just ensuring the safety of you and others.

It is inappropriate for a business owner or employee to enquire about the nature of your disability or condition. But it is reasonable for them to check whether you are exempt from the rule to wear a face covering.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Unmasked "Exempt" Can be Found: Cities, Suburbs, Towns - by king1 - 25-11-2021, 06:52 PM