Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I loaded my covid pass onto my phone
as a jpeg, a snip of the pass part from the PDF. The phone's screen is too small for it to be useful, so now I have a printed copy, cut out and glued to card, in a small plastic bag in my wallet.
I do have other cameras!
$4 to get it laminated at our local Post Office agency...
(25-11-2021, 05:15 PM)Praktica Wrote: as a jpeg, a snip of the pass part from the PDF. The phone's screen is too small for it to be useful, so now I have a printed copy, cut out and glued to card, in a small plastic bag in my wallet.
I just opened the pdf - took a screen shot - edited the screen shot to cut off the unimportant bits, saved the file, then made a shortcut to my home screen.  It's very easy to use you just tap it once to open it and 'pinch to zoom' if needed.....

Have tested it with a barcode reader on another phone - all good.
(25-11-2021, 05:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: $4 to get it laminated at our local Post Office agency...
I've just printed mine out, and this is what I'm going to do with mine too. What size did you get it printed? I printed mine to an A6 size, but it's too big. What's smaller than that?
(27-11-2021, 03:15 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 05:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: $4 to get it laminated at our local Post Office agency...
I've just printed mine out, and this is what I'm going to do with mine too. What size did you get it printed? I printed mine to an A6 size, but it's too big. What's smaller than that?
A7 lol
(27-11-2021, 06:59 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(27-11-2021, 03:15 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I've just printed mine out, and this is what I'm going to do with mine too. What size did you get it printed? I printed mine to an A6 size, but it's too big. What's smaller than that?
A7 lol
7 x 10cm
lol
A7 Big Grin
Big Grin 
Someone found this lost pass in the street today, has gone all over reddit!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(29-11-2021, 10:10 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Someone found this lost pass in the street today, has gone all over reddit!
lol. It took a minute...
(29-11-2021, 10:49 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(29-11-2021, 10:10 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Someone found this lost pass in the street today, has gone all over reddit!
lol. It took a minute...
Try scanning the QR code and you will get even more of a laugh!
That guy looks like he's a mate of Ivor Biggun.
I do have other cameras!
(27-11-2021, 12:43 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 05:15 PM)Praktica Wrote: as a jpeg, a snip of the pass part from the PDF. The phone's screen is too small for it to be useful, so now I have a printed copy, cut out and glued to card, in a small plastic bag in my wallet.
I just opened the pdf - took a screen shot - edited the screen shot to cut off the unimportant bits, saved the file, then made a shortcut to my home screen.  It's very easy to use you just tap it once to open it and 'pinch to zoom' if needed.....

Have tested it with a barcode reader on another phone - all good.
Any reason they couldn't just have sent the pdf without the unimportant bits, which could have been in the email?
I don't know why it wasn't made possible to link it to the covid tracer app. Probably a complicated way to do it, but I downloaded it from the email to files on my phone, from there sent it to 'drive' and from there had the option to add it to my homescreen. It is also in my notes on my phone. Hopefully it will scan ok.
(02-12-2021, 04:45 PM)Magenta69 Wrote: I don't know why it wasn't made possible to link it to the covid tracer app. Probably a complicated way to do it, but I downloaded it from the email to files on my phone, from there sent it to 'drive' and from there had the option to add it to my homescreen. It is also in my notes on my phone. Hopefully it will scan ok.
Possibly because there a are a lot like me - I don't own a smartphone, so I sign in everywhere. My phone has a camera, and pictures can be loaded on it, but it won't scan QR codes.
I do have other cameras!
(02-12-2021, 05:32 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 04:45 PM)Magenta69 Wrote: I don't know why it wasn't made possible to link it to the covid tracer app. Probably a complicated way to do it, but I downloaded it from the email to files on my phone, from there sent it to 'drive' and from there had the option to add it to my homescreen. It is also in my notes on my phone. Hopefully it will scan ok.
Possibly because there a are a lot like me - I don't own a smartphone, so I sign in everywhere. My phone has a camera, and pictures can be loaded on it, but it won't scan QR codes.
There should always be the paper option for those that don't have phones, but I meant that it should have been made possible for those that do want it on their phone to combine it with the tracer app if at all possible to keep everything together.
Now there's a thought. Wallpaper? Or screensaver - or whatever it is called these days...