Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where do you all live??
(27-11-2021, 05:18 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Hobbit hole might have issues with dampness? Maybe OK if sufficiently ventilated.
Probably not a place one would want to self isolate.
Perhaps a tower of some kind - with a lift, obviously & perhaps a rooftop garden.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-11-2021, 04:42 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(27-11-2021, 03:18 PM)namtak Wrote: I live in a house. Unlike some greenies that still think a cave is the ideal location.
Well, this Greenie is very happy with her tiny space. Lesson learned, we really do not need five bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a triple garage in order to be happy.

Big Grin
I never said we did.

(27-11-2021, 05:18 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Hobbit hole might have issues with dampness? Maybe OK if sufficiently ventilated.
Issues with dampness. Lefties wouldn't like that.
A leafy suburb of Auckland with a great mountain where when I was somewhat younger would side down the slopes on cardboard
I was a Hobbit. I have lived in many places, but never a Hobbit hole.
(27-11-2021, 01:19 PM)Magoo Wrote: welcome bay

I used to a long time ago. How is it today?
We have retired to Blenheim from Auckland to be nearer to our grandchildren.
I loved Blenheim. Nice and flat. Lovely people. Terrible medical services. Excellent wineries. Perfect weather...

And the tap water was like champagne.
(09-02-2022, 01:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:  Terrible medical services.
You got that exactly right.
It is the one, and probably only, negative about living here.
As a cancer patient,(referred from Auckland) it has been a challenge.
we now go to Nelson and Christchurch for those requirements.
It is the reason I left and came back to Auckland. Down there I was told I was too young for the hip replacement I needed, back here I was in theatre within three months.

Pity, I would have loved to be able to stay. Gardening in that climate was fabulous.
(27-11-2021, 01:19 PM)Magoo Wrote: welcome bay
Me too.

Originally from Taranaki, we moved to the Sunny Bay of Plenty in 2004 and built a home in Welcome Bay Tauranga.