Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
“Two things define you:your patience when you have nothing & your attitude when you have everything.”
Imam Ali

“The greatest pleasure in life is in doing what people say you cannot do.”
Walter Bagehot
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Genghis Khan

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“You don't have to be great to start, but you have to be great to start.”
Zig Ziglar

“If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.”
Ryan Blair
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.”
Tim Notke.
“I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.”
Carl Jung

“An entire sea of water can't sink a ship unless it gets inside a ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.”
Goi Nasu
Mark Twain Quote: “Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.”
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”

- Will Rogers
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
Confucious

“If you want to live a happy life,tie it to a goal, not people or things.”
Albert Einstein
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
Suzy Kassem

“The first step to getting anywhere is deciding you're no longer willing to stay where you are.”
Anon
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.”
Paolo Coelho

“For every player who credits god for the win, a player from the opposing team can logically blame god for the loss.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
“The problem in society is not kids not knowing science. The problem is adults not knowing science. They outnumber kids 5 to 1,they wield power, they write legislation.
When you have scientifically illiterate adults, you have undermined the very fabric of what makes a nation wealthy & strong.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

“Two percent of the people think, three percent of the people think they think, & 95% of the people would rather die than think.”
George Bernard Shaw
The theory of evolution, like the theory of gravity, is a scientific fact.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

“Science is different to all the other systems of thought..because you don't need faith in it, you can check that it works.”
Brian Cox
“Above all, don't lie to yourself.”
Fyodor Dostoevsky

“Nothing disturbs me more than the glorification of stupidity.”
Carl Sagan
Teddy Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
“I exist not to be loved & admired, but to love & act. It is not the duty of those aroundme to love me. Rather, it is my duty to be concerned about the world, about man.”
Janus Korczak

“When asked how fascism starts,Bertrand Russell replied; “First, they fascinate the fools. Then they muzzle the intelligent.”
Bertrand Russell
We are like books. Most people only see our cover, the minority read only the introduction, many people believe the critics. Few will knlow our content.”
Emile Zola

“The mind once enlightened cannot again become dark.”
Thomas Paine
“By & large,language is a tool for concealing the truth.”
George Carlin

“Its not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
Charles Darwin