Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
'He sent words into the darkness like soldiers to battle.'
Mortimer
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
"Some things you must always be unable to bear. Some things you must never stop refusing to bear. Injustice and outrage and dishonour and shame. No matter how young you are or how old you have got. Not for kudos and not for cash, your picture in the paper nor money in the bank, neither. Just refuse to bear them."
William Faulkner

"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Of course I talk to myself. I like a good speaker & appreciate an intelligent audience."

“Their pooled emotions wouldn’t fill a teaspoon.”
Dorothy Parker
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
"Today I am a woman torn between the terror that everything might change and the equal terror that everything might carry on exactly the same for the rest of my days.”
~Paul Coelho~
(author of The Alchemist, and other amazing reads)

I don't know about anyone else, but I have felt this...when my marriage ended. In fact, even now I can still feel this way. My greatest fear is that everything will still be the same in 10 years time, as it has been in the last 10 years. How sad is that.

When it comes to her,
please,
take your precious time.
Don’t push.
Don’t rush.
Pause.
Breathe her in.
Soak her up.
Feel her.
Women like her,
need space.
They need time.
Lose time in her.
Get lost in her mind,
in her layers,
in her smile
and in her thighs.
Drift.
Don’t pull.
She is the moon.
Just be her water.
Ebb, and she will flow.
And I’ll tell you her biggest secret.
Although she will have most of them believe it,
she isn’t all bullet proof armour, steel walls and battle ready swords.
There is softness,
and such sweetness,
buried deep in her core.
Dig.
Gently,
slowly,
intently
and
intensely
Trust is the key
Unlock her.
And you’ll discover
she’s always been
more than enough.
Get inside.
Feel the ferocious fire
and the soft, gentle rain.
Her sweetness
and her pain.
Touch it.
Touch all of it.
She may flinch
at the thought of closeness,
and she will definitely resist
opening up her soul.
But know, she isn’t running from you.
It’s just those deep feels
she has trapped inside.
So fist grip her heart,
like you do her neck
when you have her
pushed up against the wall.
Prove to her,
and promise her
as no man
ever has before
that you are here to stay
and never letting her go.
❤️
*****'s Collection of Scars.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
"Men of quality do not fear equality."
Anon

“It has been said that marriage diminishes man, but it almost always annihilates woman.”
Simone de Beauvoir

"Free inquiry requires that we tolerate diversity of opinion and that we respect the right of individuals to express their beliefs, however unpopular they may be, without social or legal prohibition or fear of success."
Paul Kurtz

"Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless."
Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoi

"You never knowingly do something for the last time without a certain sadness of the heart."
Oscar Wilde
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
"Each one of us has lived
through some devastation,
some loneliness, some weather
superstorm or spiritual
superstorm, when we look
at each other we must say,
I understand.
I understand how you feel
because I have been there
myself.
We must support each other
and empathize with each other
because each of us is more alike
than we are unalike."
? Maya Angelou
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
"The focal point of all reforms should be human liberation, and the respect for human value and human rights. The free development of each individual is the basis for all social progress."
Xu Wenli

"To see heaven in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour."

William Blake

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. "
Stephen Grellet
“When you are resting because you are worn out, you need to remember that you are not wasting time. You are doing exactly what you need to do. You are recovering.” ~Unknown
"Why does life keep teaching me lessons I have no desire to learn."
Ashleigh Brilliant

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat."
Rebecca West

"Feminism; the radical idea that women are people."
Anon

"To try and fail is at least to learn. To fail to try is to suffer the loss of what might have been".
Benjamin Franklin
ATTENTION TO ALL PARENTS WHO NEED TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT SANTA ?
Son: "Dad, I think I'm old enough now. Is there a Santa Claus?."
Dad: "Ok, I agree that your old enough. But before I tell you, I have a question for you. You see, the “truth” is a dangerous gift. Once you know something, you can't unknow it. Once you know the truth about Santa Claus, you will never again understand and relate to him as you do now. So my question is: Are you sure you want to know?"
Brief pause...
Son: "Yes, I want to know"
Dad: "Ok, I'll tell you: Yes there is a Santa Claus"
Son: "Really?"
Dad: Yes, really, but he's not an old man with a beard in a red suit. That's just what we tell kids. You see, kids are too young to understand the true nature of Santa Claus, so we explain it to them in a way that they can understand. The truth about Santa Claus is that he's not a person at all; he's an idea. Think of all those presents Santa gave you over the years. I actually bought those myself. I watched you open them. And did it bother me that you didn't thank me? Of course not! In fact it gave me great pleasure. You see, Santa Claus is THE IDEA OF GIVING FOR THE SAKE OF GIVING, without thought of thanks or acknowledgement.
When I saw that woman collapse on the subway last week and called for help, I knew that she'd never know that it was me that summoned the ambulance. I was being Santa Claus when I did that."
Son: "Oh."
Dad: "So now that you know, you're part of it. You have to be Santa Claus too now. That means you can never tell a young kid the secret, and you have to help us select Santa presents for them, and most important, you have to look for opportunities to help people. Got it?"
Help each other this Christmas and...be kind ❤
"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
Muhammad Ali

"If you want others to be happy practice compassion. If you want to be happy practice compassion."
Dalai Lama

"The purpose of life is not to be happy, it is to be useful, to be honourable,to be compassionate, to have it make some difference, to have lived and lived well."
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable an ignorable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
Albert Einstein

"Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation. "
Henry Ward Beecher.

"The most shocking thing about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. “
Aldous Huxley. The Olive Tree.
When asked “How would you have lived your life differently if you had a chance?” Nadine Stair, an 85-year-old woman, from Louisville, Kentucky, provided these poetic words as her response…

If I had my life to live over again,
I’d dare to make more mistakes next time.
I’d relax.
I’d limber up.
I’d be sillier than I’ve been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances,
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.

I would, perhaps, have more actual troubles but fewer imaginary ones.
you see, I’m one of those people who was sensible and sane,
hour after hour,
day after day.

Oh, I’ve had my moments.
If I had to do it over again,
I’d have more of them.
In fact, I’d try to have nothing else- just moments,
one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day.

I’ve been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot-water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute.
If I could do it again, I would travel lighter than I have.

If I had to live my life over,
I would start barefoot earlier in the spring
and stay that way later in the fall.
I would go to more dances,
I would ride more merry-go-rounds,
I would pick more daisies.

– Nadine Stair
"What you are doing by stewing over something that somebody has done wrong to us is renting them a room in your head and that is the most private space we have."

Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton

“Around the world two billion people live on less than $2 a day, 3 billion on less than $3 a day. And 456 billionaires possess more wealth than do half of humanity”
Charles Derber

"If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey towards the stars."
G. K. Chesterton

"Outside of a dog, books are a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read"
Groucho Marx.
“If it is not right, do not do it, if it is not true, do not say it.”

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.”

“The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.”

“To live a good life: We have the potential for it. If we learn to be indifferent to what makes no difference.”

Marcus Aurelius
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
Noam Chomsky

"Learn from the mistakes of others
You cant live long enough to make them all yourself."

"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature.
BUT Beautiful old people are works of art."
Anon

‘You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
"You and I don’t grow old merely by living a certain number of years. Ageing is an activity of the mind, an attitude. We grow old when we give up our sense of fun. We age when we relinquish our ideals, our dignity, our hopes, our belief in miracles. Age comes when we cease revelling in the game of life, when we are no longer excited by the new and challenged by the dream. As long as we celebrate the richness of the world, hear laughter in the voice of love and continue to believe in ourselves, age is incidental."
Anon

"My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends----
It gives a lovely light!"

Edna St Vincent Millay

"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. "

George Bernard Shaw
"Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man can never learn anything from history."
G.B. Shaw.

"There’s no pleasure on earth that’s worth sacrificing for the sake of an extra five years in the geriatric ward of the Sunset Old Peoples Home, Weston-Super-Mare."
Horace Rumpole

"Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative " Attributed to Maurice Chevalier)
“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
Albert Schweitzer

"It is not what we gather
but what we scatter that matters,in this life."

"Our duty is not to punish anyone. Our challenge is to avoid pettiness"
Asa Hutchinson

"In prosperity our friends know us: in adversity we know our friends."
John Churton Collins
Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, 
Than a house full of feasting with strife.
“There is no education like adversity.”
Benjamin Disraeli

"The spiritual eyesight improves as the physical eyesight declines."
Plato

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue..... gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
Confucius