Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
"The sound of laughter has always seemed to me the most civilised music in the universe."
Peter Ustinov

"We shall not perish as a people even if we get our money supply wrong-but if we get our human relationships wrong, we shall destroy ourselves."
Robert Runcle

"If you keep looking in the rear vision mirror you'll miss the huge wreck coming up in front of you."

“Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery by doubling our joy and dividing our grief”

"To err is human to arr is pirate."
Anon
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
A Civil War general a few seconds before being shot and after being told to take cover - "Don't be silly, they couldn't hit a barn door from that distance"

"The manner in which one endures what must be endured is more important than the thing that must be endured."

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad....."
Anon

"We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one."
Tom Hiddleston

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
George Bernard Shaw

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
      Confucius
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
"In the long run ,we shape our own lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility."
Eleanor Roosevelt

“Nothing is more important than empathy for another human beings suffering. Nothing, Not a career, not wealth, not intelligence, certainly not status. We have to feel for one another if we are going to survive with dignity”
Audrey Hepburn

"One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy & understanding are sufficient."
Charles M Blow

"If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble."
Bob Hope
“Attention is the rarest and purest form  of generosity”
Simone Weil

"As we attune ourselves more and more closely to the value of passing moments, we learn that  we are something of a moment ourselves.”
Julia Cameron

"If you found out you were dying, would you be nicer, love more ,try something new?
Well you are. We all are."
Anon

‘In the affairs of others even fools are wise. In their own business even sages err.’
Po Chu-i