Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
“We are all ordinary. We are all boring. We are all bold. We are all heroes.We are all helpless. It just depends on the day.
Brad Meltzer

“Your religion assumes that people are children& need a bogeyman so they'll behave. You want people to believe in god so they'll oney the law. That's the only means that occurs to you: the threat of punishment by an all-seeing god for whatever the police overlook.You sell human beings short.”
Carl Sagan
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
"Humanity is at a crossroads.We can continue down the path of greed, consumerism, oligarchy, war,racism, & environmental degradation. Or we can lead the world in moving in a very different direction.”
Bernie Sanders

“One of the most cowardly things ordinary people do is to shut their eyes to facts.”
C.S. Lewis
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Being called to account is not antisemitism - Bernie Saunders telling it like it is to Benjamin Netanyahu.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bernie-sa...7cf28524d2
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Well said Bernie Sanders, good for him.

“I have been to hell & back & let me tell you it was wonderful.”
Louise Bourgeois

“It actually doesn't take much to be considered a diffciult woman. That's why there are so many of us.”
Jane Goodall
Hillary Clinton

Don't vote for anyone you wouldn't trust with your dog
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“What you do makes a difference, & you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”

“The greatest danger to our future is apathy.”
Jane Goodall
You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, & you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”

“In what terms should we think of these beings, nonhuman yet possessing so very many human-like characteristics? How should we treat them? Surely, we should treat them with the same consideration & kindness weh show to other humans; & as we recognise human rights, so too should we recognise the rights of the great apes? Yes.”

Jane Goodall
“We have the choice to use the gift of our life to make the world a better place – or to not bother.”

“Only if we understand, can we care.Only if we care,we will help.Only if we help, we shall be saved.”
Jane Goodall
“Most believe that a satisfactory future requires a return to an idealized past, a past which never in fact existed.” - God Emperor Leto II (fictional character from Dune)
“The least I can do is speak out for those who cannot speak for themselves.”

“Change happens by listening & then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.”

Jane Goodall
“Here we are, the most clever species ever to have lived. So how is it we can destroy the only planet we have.?”

“We have so far to go to realise our human potential for compassion, altruism & love.”“

Jane Goodall
“A sense of calm came over me. More & more often I found myself thinking, “This is where I belong. This is what I came into this world to do.”

“Farm animals are far more aware & intelligent than we ever imagined &, despite having been bred as slaves, they are individual beings in their own right. As such, they deserve our respect. And our help. Who will plead for them if we are silent? Thousands of people who say they 'love animals' sit down once or twice a day to enjoy the flesh of creatures who have been treated with so little respect & kindness just to make more meat.”

Jane Goodall
"I can't get over the feeling that all we are is passing strangers in a godless universe" - Mrs Moore on exiting the Marabar Caves in the movie, A Passage to India.
“If we do not do sonmething to help these creatures, we make a mockery of the whole concept of justice.”

“Someday we shall look back on this dark era & shake our heads. How could we ever have believed that it was a good idea to grow our food with poisons?”
Jane Goodall
“And if we dare to look into those eyes, then we shall feel their suffering in our hearts. More & more people have seen that appeal & felt it in their hearts. All around the world there is an awakening of understanding & compassion, & understanding that reaches out to help the suffering animals in their vanishing homelands.That embraces hungry, sick & desperate human beings, people who are starving while the fortunate among us have so much more than we need. And if, one by one, we help them, the hurting animals, the desperate humans, then together we shall alleviate so much of the hunger,fear & pain in the world. Together we can bring change to the world, gradually replacing fear & hatred with compassion & love. Love for all living beings”

“We can't leave people in abject poverty, so we need to raise the standard of living for 80% of the world's people, while bringing it down considerably for the 20% who are destroying out natural resources.”
Jane Goodall
“Lasting change is a series of compromises.And compromise is all right, as long as your values don't change.”

“We find animals doing things that we, in our arrogance,used to think was 'just human.'

Jane Goodall
“It is these undeniable qualities of human love & compassion & self sacrifice that give me hope for the future. We are indeed, often cruel & evil. Nobody can deny this.We gang up on one another, we torture each other, with words as well as deeds, we fight, we kill. But we also are capable of the most noble, generous & heroic behaviour.”

“It honestly didn't matter how we humans got to be the way we are, whether evolution or special creation was responsible.What mattered & mattered desperately was our future development. Were we going to go on destroying god's creation, fighting each other, hurting the other creatures of his planet?”

Jane Goodall
“Only when our clever brain & our human heart work together in harmony can we achieve our true potential.”

“We still have a long way to go. But we are moving in the right direction. If only we can overcome cruelty, to human & animal, with love & compassion,we shall stand at the threshold of a new era in human moral & spiritual evolution - & realise, at last,our most unique quality:humanity.”
Jane Goodall
“There is a powerful unleashed when young people resolve to make a change.”

“Most of us don't realise the difference we would make. We love to shrug off our own responsibilities , to point fingers at others. “Surely” we say, “the pollution, waste & other ills are not our fault. They are the fault of the industry,business, science. They are the fault of the politicians.” This leads to a destructive & potentially deadly apathy.”

Jane Goodall
G. Michael Hopf — 'Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.'

https://www.gmichaelhopf.com/hard-times