Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is your definition of a 'Greenie'?
Speaking of posters from over yonder, I bought one of those nose cone thingys from Autumnsnz. got a reply from them, saying that they're also posting here but unable to get in at present - & also that another poster tin Lizzie, isn't well just now.
Hope she can get in here again, we need more good posters.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-11-2021, 04:56 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wear hand knitted socks in the Winter. Love them. Soft and warm and stretchy which helps when getting the blasted things on is a challenge.

Interesting fact too, wool fibres in the wash break down once in the environment with two to three months. Synthetic fibres simply add to the microplastic burden.

So knitting is pretty Green when you think about it.

And like sewing, it is a skill that can be taught. it is not magically bequeathed like eye colour or height...
I wear bed socks during winter. They are better than socks for me, as the band on the socks cuts me at the ankle, and that's not good when the old blood doesn't flow properly anyway.

My bestie got me a pair of brand new ones from the op shop, and they were on my feet from the time I woke up, til I went to bed. They are holy as could be, but I don't care. Too hot for them now.

(29-11-2021, 06:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Speaking of posters from over yonder, I bought one of those nose cone thingys from Autumnsnz. got a reply from them, saying that they're also posting here but unable to get in at present - & also that another poster tin Lizzie, isn't well just now.
Hope she can get in here again, we need more good posters.
I had no idea that AW was here. I haven't picked up on that yet. Funny how people have a certain style of writing, and I've not seen her postings. Well, I don't think I have.

And I am very sad to hear that our lizzie isn't well. She got sick a few months ago. I do hope she is going to recover ok. She's a good egg, as is AW. My thoughts go out to you lizzie, if you're here.
I know that AW doesn't keep good health either.
The only problem with knitting is that it takes so many long hours to make a garment.
Both of those ladies have serious health issues. Their courage amazes me.
(29-11-2021, 08:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Both of those ladies have serious health issues. Their courage amazes me.
Yes they do. I hope they are ok.
(29-11-2021, 08:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Both of those ladies have serious health issues. Their courage amazes me.
Autumn wind 'friended' me on FB this morning so that's likely to make keeping in touch easier. I warned her that my typing is dire - & just mad four mistakes typing this! Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-11-2021, 07:34 PM)TygerTung Wrote: The only problem with knitting is that it takes so many long hours to make a garment.
Good things take time for sure, but - the more you knit the faster you get at it...
And it is addictive. I do it because it puts me into a zen state, and that is good for my mental health.
More intelligent in general than most. If we have no healthy planet we have lost. Not much fun driving a V8 with an oxygen mask. Halfway there with the covid mask lol.

"It's only greenies that drive EV's" lollol yeah right!

(27-11-2021, 05:45 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: "it amusing that the term 'Greenie' is so often used as a derogatory reference to infer those using it see it as a mindset that conflicts with the way they themselves choose to live their lives"

I agree with this statement. I dislike all of the broad terms used to dismiss the views of any group - boomer, PC, snowflake, Karen, millennial, Leftie etc.  People who resort to this sort of arrogant dismissal are unable to make a coherent argument. (And other than recycling, I don't share many/all of the environmental views of the Green Party).

I keep editing this because you've raised an issue that really bugs me.  The minute someone writes or says one of the terms mentioned above to dismiss another person, I immediately doubt their intelligence.
Agree stereotypes are the domain of the dim. Always comes down to the individual.