Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JA Genter cycles in labour to hospital
(29-11-2021, 04:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: There was always going to be someone who'd find something to complain about.
the taxpayer pays the virtue signaling twat handsomly to do her job and last time she was interviewed she was like a stunned mullet, couldnt even answer questions about a bill she helped introduce, but lets heap praise on her because she rode a bike to have a baby
yes i know
(29-11-2021, 06:22 PM)jim157 Wrote:
(29-11-2021, 04:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: There was always going to be someone who'd find something to complain about.
the taxpayer pays the virtue signaling twat handsomly to do her job and last time she was interviewed she was like a stunned mullet, couldnt even answer questions about a bill she helped introduce, but lets heap praise on her because she rode a bike to have a baby
  Hardly crime of the century, is it. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-11-2021, 06:22 PM)jim157 Wrote:

When was the last time you rode to hospital whilst in labour? Or even bore a child in fact?
[attachment=113 Wrote:     TygerTung pid='8637' dateline='1638170241']
(29-11-2021, 06:22 PM)jim157 Wrote: the taxpayer pays the virtue signaling twat handsomly to do her job and last time she was interviewed she was like a stunned mullet, couldnt even answer questions about a bill she helped introduce, but lets heap praise on her because she rode a bike to have a baby

When was the last time you rode to hospital whilst in labour? Or even bore a child in fact?
you will never know because i didnt alert the media............also.....
yes i know
Surely it is not a big drain on the tax payer for an MP to bicycle to hospital?
(30-11-2021, 06:53 AM)TygerTung Wrote: Surely it is not a big drain on the tax payer for an MP to bicycle to hospital?
You wouldn't think so. In fact its very likely a saving - no ambulance call out, so no fee for that.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-11-2021, 10:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 06:53 AM)TygerTung Wrote: Surely it is not a big drain on the tax payer for an MP to bicycle to hospital?
You wouldn't think so. In fact its very likely a saving - no ambulance call out, so no fee for that.

I guess the real issue is that it is challenging for some people to consider that someone would rather ride a bike than drive a car.
(30-11-2021, 10:55 AM)TygerTung Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 10:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: You wouldn't think so. In fact its very likely a saving - no ambulance call out, so no fee for that.

I guess the real issue is that it is challenging for some people to consider that someone would rather ride a bike than drive a car.
Yep some have a problem with that for whatever reason. Christchurch was once known as 'the bicycle city' because so many rode bikes in those days - probably we should be aiming for something close to that again.
(30-11-2021, 11:00 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 10:55 AM)TygerTung Wrote: I guess the real issue is that it is challenging for some people to consider that someone would rather ride a bike than drive a car.
Yep some have a problem with that for whatever reason. Christchurch was once known as 'the bicycle city' because so many rode bikes in those days - probably we should be aiming for something close to that again.
People are so change averse. Look no further than those that throw any criticism they can dream up to denegrate electric vehicles in favour of a continuation of pouring tonnes of hydrocarbon products through their internal combustion engine powered vehicle.
(30-11-2021, 11:07 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 11:00 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Yep some have a problem with that for whatever reason. Christchurch was once known as 'the bicycle city' because so many rode bikes in those days - probably we should be aiming for something close to that again.
People are so change averse. Look no further than those that throw any criticism they can dream up to denegrate electric vehicles in favour of a continuation of pouring tonnes of hydrocarbon products through their internal combustion engine powered vehicle.

Better yet, just use a lighter vehicle like a bike.
(30-11-2021, 12:35 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 11:07 AM)harm_less Wrote: People are so change averse. Look no further than those that throw any criticism they can dream up to denegrate electric vehicles in favour of a continuation of pouring tonnes of hydrocarbon products through their internal combustion engine powered vehicle.

Better yet, just use a lighter vehicle like a bike.
Great in theory but like many people I prefer the protection of a bit of bodywork around me. I've survived enough years riding motorcycles to appreciate the decrease in vulnerability that a car offers over 2 wheeled vehicles.
I have a bike, & as I have pannier bags, carrier & a basket, it means I can do the dreaded grocery shopping using it - in fact, that's what I did this morning.
Mind you, I use only local streets which don't have lots of traffic, being a bit leery of some car drivers. When we were under lockdown here, I was able to go for a bike ride along several streets usually to busy for me to venture onto - made a nice change. Smile
(30-11-2021, 12:44 PM)I harm_less Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 12:35 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Better yet, just use a lighter vehicle like a bike.
Great in theory but like many people I prefer the protection of a bit of bodywork around me. I've survived enough years riding motorcycles to appreciate the decrease in vulnerability that a car offers over 2 wheeled vehicles.

Every car is just adding to the problem.

But it seems wasteful to me to use 1500 kg of steel and plastic to move 80 kg of person. And statistically it is much safer cycling. Perhaps emotionally it is more dangerous.

And it is much more dangerous riding motorcycles, you are going much faster and are more vulnerable. I also am a motorcyclist and former motorcycle racer and have had my fair share of crashes.
There's this; the ELF, solar powered tricycle/bicycle - I could just do with one of those! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PthIedAoj3w
(30-11-2021, 02:34 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 12:44 PM)I harm_less Wrote: Great in theory but like many people I prefer the protection of a bit of bodywork around me. I've survived enough years riding motorcycles to appreciate the decrease in vulnerability that a car offers over 2 wheeled vehicles.

Every car is just adding to the problem.

But it seems wasteful to me to use 1500 kg of steel and plastic to move 80 kg of person. And statistically it is much safer cycling. Perhaps emotionally it is more dangerous.

And it is much more dangerous riding motorcycles, you are going much faster and are more vulnerable. I also am a motorcyclist and former motorcycle racer and have had my fair share of crashes.
Motorcyclists have the advantages of rapid acceleration and (for the wise ones) protective clothing. The thing that was a major factor in my getting rid of mine was the amount of tradies using their cellphones on the rural arterial roads I often rode on. Sooner or later one of those pricks was going to spell doom for me!
(30-11-2021, 03:22 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 02:34 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Every car is just adding to the problem.

Motorcyclists have the advantages of rapid acceleration and (for the wise ones) protective clothing. The thing that was a major factor in my getting rid of mine was the amount of tradies using their cellphones on the rural arterial roads I often rode on. Sooner or later one of those pricks was going to spell doom for me!

Yes, it seems like that would be an advantage, however the numbers don't back it up.

There are many more motorcyclists killed per year than bicyclelists, despite many more people riding bicycles.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/motorcycli...XDUU2CSBM/
(30-11-2021, 04:00 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 03:22 PM)harm_less Wrote: Motorcyclists have the advantages of rapid acceleration and (for the wise ones) protective clothing. The thing that was a major factor in my getting rid of mine was the amount of tradies using their cellphones on the rural arterial roads I often rode on. Sooner or later one of those pricks was going to spell doom for me!

Yes, it seems like that would be an advantage, however the numbers don't back it up.

There are many more motorcyclists killed per year than bicyclelists, despite many more people riding bicycles.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/motorcycli...XDUU2CSBM/
Too many mid life crisis born again bikers letting rip on 200+km/h capable machines is a leading cause for those stat's IMO. Couldn't find reference to the push bike fatality numbers in that link.
Here is an article for you regarding bicycles.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/deadly-yea...T7OT25ZF4/
(30-11-2021, 04:43 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Here is an article for you regarding bicycles.

Numbers increasing as cycling gains popularity, and that article is 4 years old so current numbers would be telling. I note that it also it also mentions the vulnerability of cyclists. Essentially lycra or normal street or sports clothing gives FA protection when things turn bad.
(30-11-2021, 05:26 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 04:43 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Here is an article for you regarding bicycles.

Numbers increasing as cycling gains popularity, and that article is 4 years old so current numbers would be telling. I note that it also it also mentions the vulnerability of cyclists. Essentially lycra or normal street or sports clothing gives FA protection when things turn bad.

Sure, but they go bad at a lower speed, so you just typically graze an elbow or something.

OK, 11 last year, including one off road so 10 really:

https://can.org.nz/article/new-zealand-cycling-deaths