Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steam cleaners - advice please?
We want to get some kind of steam cleaner that will clean our tiled showers (walls as well as floors)and our floors. I'm finding it all a bit confusing and the prices vary enormously.

Karcher seems to be a commonly available brand, and this Hoover model sounds possible.   https://www.godfreys.co.nz/hoover-dual-steam-plus-3631

Does anyone have recommendations, both as to brand and to what kind of appliance we need?
I live in a tiny space, so storage is an issue. I opted for the little karcher hand steamer, knowing I could get an extension kit if necessary. I bought mine on TM second hand, it does the job, is easy to use, and fairly lightweight to carry round which suits me. But it is small, so one job at a time because the pressure tank is pretty teeny...
I have the Karcher window Vac which I love for windows, and I've just noticed that the box shows wall tiles being cleaned with it too, so I may try that sometime. For my tiled floors I've found my Bissell Steam Mop does the job well.
My major reason was getting to those corners that are so hard to get clean, under the shower door and places like that. Works a treat on those, and round taps... Quite surprising what groop gets melted away!