Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The poor wee boy who is been bullied
Seeing the heartbreaking video of his mum showing his heartbreak of being bullied and wanting to end his life
I have a 14-year-old girl who has Aspergers and was bullied quite badly in her first year of school
was a horrible year with tears at being dropped off in the morning
She has some good friends at the school and this year shes happy confident positive
Whos at fault with the bullying??
Schools can only do so much and yes this school my girl went to was very supportive but isn't it up to the parents to teach compassion??
I strongly believe compassion is not taught/shown in some families 
so what can change to change this??
i have seen a Video on Facebook of the young boy with Crouzon Syndrome
it was heart-breaking to watch the Video and see the damage done by bullying
Its pretty disgusting what goes on with kids that age to behave in that sort of way, it can only reflect the kind of upbringing such children have.
I know of a few with Asperger's who have been bullied and it goes on regularly.
That video was heart breaking. I think children need to be asked why their behaviour is different when an adult is present than when one is not. They need to feel shame. They need a taste, to have some idea of what their behaviour is causing the victim to feel. They need to get a bigger conscience. How this can be achieved I have very little ideas. All I know is when kids are unsupervised they can be nasty creatures.
(21-02-2020, 03:41 PM)Angierose Wrote: Seeing the heartbreaking video of his mum showing his heartbreak of being bullied and wanting to end his life
I have a 14-year-old girl who has Aspergers and was bullied quite badly in her first year of school
was a horrible year with tears at being dropped off in the morning
She has some good friends at the school and this year shes happy confident positive
Whos at fault with the bullying??
Schools can only do so much and yes this school my girl went to was very supportive but isn't it up to the parents to teach compassion??
I strongly believe compassion is not taught/shown in some families 
so what can change to change this??
How to change - Quite easy - don't hide - do explain!
In short form from my experience:
After an incident at home I have been placed into state care. None of the boys already there had a go at me, all were rather waiting and watching. For me it was a bit confusing - too quiet, however I somehow settled  and after 2 weeks I slept thru the whole night and actually past lunchtime. no one woke me up - all my 7 room mates disappeared quitly ... 
A few weeks later our headmaster called in at breakfast in the dining area and told us that a new kid is arriving, explained its history, a few do's and don'ts, which room he will be in and in which class he will go. 
Later the day I asked my room eldest about this and he told me that they got the same kind of info about me. I learned that day that it happens about everyone who came or went.  That why no one asked questions - no one woke my up that sunday...

Now if the parents and teachers are honest whith such kids problems and explain this to class mates the kids will accept this and will learn to deal with the difference. On the other side the affected kid need some support by their parents to deal whit problems caused by misunderstanding or just curiosity.
There appears to be a bit of controversy, and another side of the story, regarding Quaden

Parents from the School are posting that Quaden is the trouble maker and his mother is the drama queen,
getting hard to know what to believe and what to ignore
nice Jewish boy ... from Fresh Meadows  Smile
(22-02-2020, 11:52 AM)faberman Wrote: There appears to be a bit of controversy, and another side of the story, regarding Quaden

Parents from the School are posting that Quaden is the trouble maker and his mother is the drama queen,
getting hard to know what to believe and what to ignore
I read something about that...& have since read that it was done from a fake profile which has since been deleted..
Having watched the video...that kid was way too upset for it not to have been genuine (in my armchair expert opinion of course Wink )