Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MP Jacqui Dean
National MP Jacqui Dean says she was caught in 'power-play' between Judith Collins and Simon Bridges.

National Party MP Jacqui Dean says she was caught up in a “political power play” last week, after her complaint about a years-old Simon Bridges comment led to the ousting of leader Judith Collins.

Dean, in a brief statement posted to Facebook on Monday afternoon, said it was “not my intention for past issues to be thrust into the spotlight as they were”, referring to her complaint about Bridges that led to his attempted demotion by Collins.

If this was not her intention, why the hell did she mention it?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(29-11-2021, 03:45 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: National MP Jacqui Dean says she was caught in 'power-play' between Judith Collins and Simon Bridges.

National Party MP Jacqui Dean says she was caught up in a “political power play” last week, after her complaint about a years-old Simon Bridges comment led to the ousting of leader Judith Collins.

Dean, in a brief statement posted to Facebook on Monday afternoon, said it was “not my intention for past issues to be thrust into the spotlight as they were”, referring to her complaint about Bridges that led to his attempted demotion by Collins.

She cannot possible pretend not to have known that would happen. Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I don't believe any part of that story, I think Dean's supposed "woman to woman" chat with Collins was completely fabricated as an incredibly ill-judged expression of dirty politics.
(29-11-2021, 03:45 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: National MP Jacqui Dean says she was caught in 'power-play' between Judith Collins and Simon Bridges.

I think it was mentioned elsewhere that there was a review taking place into specific behaviours at Parliament and that Dean, having reflected on the discussions taking place in that review, decided to bring attention to the fact of similar behaviours being present within National specifically - where the instance of Bridges' comments were brought up, probably as an example.

I'm obviously just speculating but I assume that there wasn't a complaint made as such to Collins but a referring of that incident by Dean to which Collins decided to use in one last move to either keep herself in power or to throw Bridges' future tilt at the leadership again.

Really, this just feels like a event where there are no winners. Only losers.
Politicians lie to save themselves. Why are we surprised by spin like this? It's just sad.
It would make a refreshing change to have some honest, genuine politicians - along the lines of Jose Mujica, former president of Uruguay would do nicely. Not perfect, but not bad.

He gave away most of his salary & refused to live in the flash official residence because he & his wife wanted to continue to work their small farm. And refused to use the (presumably also flash) official car, continuing to use his old Vdub, as he used it to get his elderly three legged dog around.Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)