Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
An American politician wants a medal for Kyle Rittenhouse
Unbelievable.
Huh Huh

https://nypost.com/2021/11/25/marjorie-t...ttenhouse/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
it's sad I know but this really doesn't surprise me.  You can be all kinds of stupid in America.
Quote:Marjorie Taylor Greene (born May 27, 1974), also known by her initials MTG,[2] is an American politician, businesswoman, and far-right[3] conspiracy theorist[4] who has served as the U.S. representative for Georgia's 14th congressional district since 2021.[5] A member of the Republican Party and a strong supporter of former president Donald Trump, she was elected to Congress in 2020 following the retirement of Republican incumbent Tom Graves.
Wikipedia
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The entire thing is wrong in so many ways - an idiot boy whose brain isn't yet fully functioning rushes out with a gun to join in the action, kills two people & injures another. No 17 year old should be allowed free access to a gun. Ever.

And this woman is clearly deep into loony tunes territory, & possibly in need of mental health help.
I'm SO glad we don't live there.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
huh?

(29-11-2021, 04:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Unbelievable.
Huh Huh

Yes I can't understand the thinking. It seems a fairly bizarre thing to even suggest. While I am happy the jury came to the decision they did the case really brought out the worst in many and showed how divided society is. I think the best thing now for Kyle Rittenhouse is to just quietly withdraw from the spotlight public and resume his life best he can.
(29-11-2021, 09:13 PM)egem Wrote:
(29-11-2021, 04:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Unbelievable.
Huh Huh

Yes I can't understand the thinking. It seems a fairly bizarre thing to even suggest. While I am happy the jury came to the decision they did the case really brought out the worst in many and showed how divided society is. I think the best thing now for Kyle Rittenhouse is to just quietly withdraw from the spotlight public and resume his life best he can.
  That would be his best move I think, but I doubt that he will.
(30-11-2021, 10:45 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(29-11-2021, 09:13 PM)egem Wrote: Yes I can't understand the thinking. It seems a fairly bizarre thing to even suggest. While I am happy the jury came to the decision they did the case really brought out the worst in many and showed how divided society is. I think the best thing now for Kyle Rittenhouse is to just quietly withdraw from the spotlight public and resume his life best he can.
  That would be his best move I think, but I doubt that he will.
that would be too sensible, young and dumb as they say...

It seems like they want to turn him into a hero....or a celebrity.

Only in America.

So wrong, on so many levels.
(30-11-2021, 12:00 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: It seems like they want to turn him into a hero....or a celebrity.

Only in America.

There are some here in NZ who also see him as a hero, oddly enough. And this adulation can't be good for a kid of his age; he's even had a meeting with Trump since the verdict came in, which also can't be good for him, imo. Rolleyes
(30-11-2021, 01:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 12:00 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: It seems like they want to turn him into a hero....or a celebrity.

Only in America.

There are some here in NZ who also see him as a hero, oddly enough. And this adulation can't be good for a kid of his age; he's even had a meeting with Trump since the verdict came in, which also can't be good for him, imo. Rolleyes
It's all about agendas. What peoples motives are, to idolise this young man. They will ruin his life imo. (as if it's not already, probably.)

If I was his parents, I'd want to get him out of the country, and emigrate to somewhere far away from the jaws of the US.
(30-11-2021, 01:47 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 01:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:  There are some here in NZ who also see him as a hero, oddly enough. And this adulation can't be good for a kid of his age; he's even had a meeting with Trump since the verdict came in, which also can't be good for him, imo. Rolleyes
It's all about agendas. What peoples motives are, to idolise this young man. They will ruin his life imo. (as if it's not already, probably.)

If I was his parents, I'd want to get him out of the country, and emigrate to somewhere far away from the jaws of the US.
  Yes, agreed - far away from the USA & from people who idolise him, & he might still have some chance of a normal life. I don't like the chances of that happening though. Undecided
(30-11-2021, 02:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 01:47 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: It's all about agendas. What peoples motives are, to idolise this young man. They will ruin his life imo. (as if it's not already, probably.)

Yes, agreed - far away from the USA & from people who idolise him, & he might still have some chance of a normal life. I don't like the chances of that happening though. Undecided

And far away from those who want to harm him.
Indeed; there must be some of those people too.
So glad we don't live there.