Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beatles Get Back documentary
Is very, very long.

First to admit that I'm more of a Rolling Stones fan, so the appeal of seeing the Fab Four do a whole lot of nothing for eight hours was always going to be limited at best. Not sure what Peter Jackson has done with his editor for the last few things he's done but a little tightening up would have helped. Saying that, it was good to see the process of getting a song from raw, scribbled lyrics to the finished article, and also to see Yoko slightly exonerated.

3 out of 5
Yoko 'slightly exonerated', because it shows that she wasn't the instigator to The Beatles breaking up?

I won't be watching, as I was never really a Beatles fan.
As someone said on Twitter, "Watching Get Back and learning how Yoko destroyed the Beatles by sitting quietly and reading the paper"

She just sits there for the most part doing her own thing. Sure, probably not helpful to the creative process having her sitting next to Lennon, but not exactly getting in the way either. The way she's been painted in the years since always made it seem like she was the devil, bla bla bla. No worse than any of the other loitering wives.

Ringo looked bored senseless for the whole exercise, ahh the life of an under-utilised drummer.
After watching the interview with Peter Jackson on 'Sunday' last night, I feel I don't need to see the whole documentary. They said it was on Disney+ which I don't have anyway - 3 hours long?
7.5 hours long!
I'd like to see it just out of curiosity but its quite long & I don't get Disney so if it turns up on free to air TV one day then I might watch it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)