Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im sick of these Idiots
Tai Tokerau Border Control founder Hone Harawira says Northland whānau are scared of what the summer will bring as up to 80 thousand Aucklanders descend on the region.

Hone Harawira says "Nationwide, Māori are 7.5 times more likely to catch Delta, 5.4 times more likely to be hospitalised from Delta, and 4 times more likely to die from Delta."

If they are that scared get bloody vaccinated then, all Harawira does  is moan about it so how about doing something constructive for a change [Removed - rule #2].

And for folks that think Im being racist Im not, this is what is on the Stuff website.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
If you seriously believe that racist diatribe I think you might be more comfortable over at nzissues.
(30-11-2021, 12:13 PM)Olive Wrote: If you seriously believe that racist diatribe I think you might be more comfortable over at nzissues.
If you really think Im being racist perhaps you should go there yourself.
KFC is over rated.
It is. Nasty fatty stuff. Their mashed potato on the other hand, is divine. It isn't potato by any means but whatever it is, I like it.

And I don't blame Northland in the slightest. Protecting ourselves is sensible, wherever we are, whoever we are, in whatever way we can. It is a bit on the nose to whinge about others doing it when our real objection is more about us, than them.
Ok perhaps I didnt make myself too clear and folk are misunderstanding, Im sick of these guys thinking they are above the law and wanting to illegally put there own border control to stop people going North once the country has opened up for summer, what gives them the right to do this? Sure if the government says there is to be a border control and its to be manned by police and only double vaxed can get through fair enough but not for these guys to do it off there own backs, I have family up in the Bay of Islands and Im damn sure Im not going to miss out on seeing them this Xmas.

And I wouldnt eat Chicken if you paid me, horrible stuff.
I want a border around the South Island but I can't, so I tend to agree with you...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Understandable, to want to keep themselves safe. While its horrible for Aucklanders if they can't go on holiday where they'd like to, its no fun for the rest of us with the prospect of possible infection via visiting Aucklanders, either.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
What is really unfair is people who want to go on holiday in Auckland, but cannot as it is blocked off.
Its tough all round really covid's an absolute bugger wherever it is.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I think protecting Northland from more stress is a great idea. Nice to see people doing it for themselves. Protecting borders instead of breaching them...

If everyone stayed in their postcode community transmission wouldn't be an issue.
The fact that they are resorting to dishing out free KFC if your vaxxed says alot about the demographics sadly if this is whats required to get numbers up.
Where I live they are dishing out countdown supermarket vouchers.
Meanwhile its apparently the governments problem that a certain demographic is not uptaking the vaccine, perhaps the question needs to be why they are not having it, because from what ive seen, everybody has been given an equal opportunity to receive it regardless of race.
So why another $120 million needs to be spent/wasted on this, I have no idea.
Perhaps not wasted if it has the desired effect; I do think though that far more public education might help to some extent.
They were handing out all sorts of stuff in Christchurch in various areas. Why not?
If giving away free stuff is what it takes, then so be it.

I've always felt that winter will be a telling time, and the more that are vaxed, and boostered up by winter, then the better off we will all be, to fight this thing.
If people are able to overcome any reservations they might have about the vaccine & understand that its our best weapon to fight the virus so far & just get the damn jab, then our chances of winning against the virus will be far better.
So that pretty much anything which encourages that to happen has to be a good thing - including giveaways, because long term we'll all benefit.
Assuming that Vaccinations have been readily available to those who want to get them then I have difficulty understanding the problem. Even if you live out in the Wops you go to town occasionally to visit the Supermarket and the Wholesale. So how come People are still Unvaxed ?

The ONLY reasons for being Unvaxed are -
If you have a medical issue which prevents you from being Vaxed
If you didn't have any Vaccination station within reasonable access
If you didn't want to be Vaxed for some reason
This Auckland lolly scramble is pathetic. I'm not going anywhere that has crowds till at least booster shot...

But hey! If they wanted to make me smile they could pay my grocery delivery fees. That would be a real help.
(01-12-2021, 02:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: This Auckland lolly scramble is pathetic. I'm not going anywhere that has crowds till at least booster shot...

But hey! If they wanted to make me smile they could pay my grocery delivery fees. That would be a real help.
Contact your local MP & suggest it - they can only say no, but they might see the benefit of giving say a $50 supermarket voucher. Worth a try. Big Grin
(30-11-2021, 08:15 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think protecting Northland from more stress is a great idea. Nice to see people doing it for themselves. Protecting borders instead of breaching them...

If everyone stayed in their postcode  community transmission wouldn't be an issue.
I agree.   Protecting vulnerable members of our community is much more important than holiday plans.
There is a lot of good information in this piece - written from the point of view of the East Coast but totally applicable to the Far North.

https://e-tangata.co.nz/reflections/why-...0cPspIWXog