Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scott Watson appeal
Neighbours who grew up alongside him might know more than the general public though...
Let him out, its been more than 20 years now and I dont think he is the person responsible.
This has to be one of the biggest mysteries this country has seen, it was on the news for months and months if not years.
(13-12-2021, 09:12 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Neighbours who grew up alongside him might know more than the general public though...

Which is of no use at a Jury Trial

Superstition, Innuendo, Gossip , Best Guess, shouldn’t play part in the Legal System
It is the legal system keeping him in prison. I agree with you, they know better than us.
(30-11-2021, 05:31 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: How many of you think he did kill Ben and Olivia??? Or who didn't think he did??

There was certainly doubt over what boats were seen, or not seen, but I don't know. I'm swayed more to the idea that he murdered them.

I don't believe he did it - where's the proof?
Do we convict people in this country of murder because we don't like them and need to get a conviction so everyone can happily think the case is solved?
Who knows what happened - could have been an awful accident.
Anyone who listened to what Guy Wallace said, and you will know that they got the wrong boat...
I don't know; but I think that there's enough doubt - especially with regard to the boat - to warrant an investigation into the way it was handled.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(15-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I don't know; but I think that there's enough doubt - especially with regard to the boat - to warrant an investigation into the way it was handled.
The fact that there is a reasonable amount of doubt and public support of Watson, i think we should just give him the benefit of the doubt and release him.
I mean, seriously, what danger is he to the public?
I wonder what Ben and Olivia's parents think. I personally think that they should be at the heart of whether he's released or not. They never seemed the sort of people who would want someone in prison, if they didn't believe he did it.

If he is actually guilty of murdering them, then none of us know whether he would be a risk to anyone after release.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(15-12-2021, 03:35 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I wonder what Ben and Olivia's parents think. I personally think that they should be at the heart of whether he's released or not. They never seemed the sort of people who would want someone in prison, if they didn't believe he did it.

If he is actually guilty of murdering them, then none of us know whether he would be a risk to anyone after release.
I think I recall Olivia's dad at one point saying he didn't think he was guilty - but I may have that wrong, not sure as it was quite a while ago.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(15-12-2021, 03:55 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 03:35 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I wonder what Ben and Olivia's parents think. I personally think that they should be at the heart of whether he's released or not. They never seemed the sort of people who would want someone in prison, if they didn't believe he did it.

I think I recall Olivia's dad at one point saying he didn't think he was guilty - but I may have that wrong, not sure as it was quite a while ago.
Just did a google, and it seems the opposite to that lilith...

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/3202...-innocence
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(15-12-2021, 04:01 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 03:55 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think I recall Olivia's dad at one point saying he didn't think he was guilty - but I may have that wrong, not sure as it was quite a while ago.
Just did a google, and it seems the opposite to that lilith...

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/3202...-innocence
Interesting - I wonder where I got the idea he thought he was innocent from; gawd knows! Rolleyes
How long has he been in prison must be close to 25 years . Im sure all ideas of reveng eatacks if he was let out have long gone hed just want to live a quiet life . Its political if he confessed theyd let him out within a month