Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 1.5l familia outruns nz police
My car was stolen. Police told me they followed it but lost it in a convoy. Big Grin  Well, that's what they said.
Anyway it was found and towed away for finger printing by police. Now my insurance company has arranged for it to be towed to a panel beater.

My question is this. Why a panel beater? There's little if any panel damage. There's a broken window and ignition. Who knows what else. What if the chasis is bent? Will they check that? Is a panel beater going to take care of non panel and paint repairs?
(30-11-2021, 07:09 PM)kiwi Wrote: My car was stolen. Police told me they followed it but lost it in a convoy. Big Grin  Well, that's what they said.
Anyway it was found and towed away for finger printing by police. Now my insurance company has arranged for it to be towed to a panel beater.

My question is this. Why a panel beater? There's little if any panel damage. There's a broken window and ignition. Who knows what else. What if the chasis is bent? Will they check that? Is a panel beater going to take care of non panel and paint repairs?
Potentially  yes . Lets hope they dont  try and  write it off. I would say the panel shop will make the  cost for  repair etc Could be difficult to get a  cylinder lock for that car Mazda  is  the worst car for getting any parts when they made the same  car in 1  week  with 5  different  components .
Indeed the insurance were going to write it off. Before that, let me say they said I am not the owner. Because I was using the shortened version of my name, not the full name. They were going to deregister it and sell it as a write off at Turners. I was like What? No! I asked to speak to the assessor. I had only insured it for $1500 with $500 excess. The assessor said they have to get a compression test, valet and fix the lock. I said hold on because I don't need a valet or compression test or valet. I've got it home now and starting with a screw driver. And very happy.