Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many investment properties is too many?
Thanks for the welcome oh-hunnihunni and crafters_corner. I 've been away a couple of days and thought there might have been more discussion. It's seems to be fizzling a bit.

Someone thought my expression of people hating landlords was too strong but that is how the criticisms often come across. When it's aimed at a bad landlord, fine. But for the average landlord, they are just trying to do what they can with what they have and don't need unfair criticism. I'll also stick by what I said about the government. I know a lot of the growth in government control over our lives started long before the current Labour government, but they have certainly not helped. So many of the changes we have seen penalise the good and reward those that don't deserve reward. In many cases the old equilibrium was better.

I kind of liked the concept of investment/greed/addiction. I used to use the analogy of buying property like shoes for someone I know. But he did slow down and is a good landlord. I'm not so sure about the "greed" category. It's the traders who are greedy, not the investors. Why do all the hard work of being a landlord if you could just make money by buying and selling? And back to the landlords with 90 properties, there really aren't many of them, but so long as they are good, what does it matter? Basically no-one knows who they are unless they put their hands up. And no, I'm not one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many investment properties is too many? - by SueDonim - 07-12-2021, 03:11 PM