Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don't get involved in message board rivalry
Serious people, don't get involved in the silly game that some posters want to 'think' or 'create' that there is or should be a conspiracy around this board and the other one.

Some will use it to claim why certain things are said or happening........it isn't a freaking contest so don't buy into their dramas

These things never end well and threaten the existence of both boards.

Enjoy whatever board you want to post on for whatever reasons even if it's both
Thumbs Up 
Are you saying that it's happening on this site, or the other one?

I am definitely seeing it on the other one, but I've not noticed it here.

I agree with you too. It is ridiculous and childish and unnecessary, and I certainly wouldn't want to see it on this site. It would be something to be proud of, to keep this site 'clean' of the rubbish.
(22-02-2020, 10:21 AM)Bob Wrote: Serious people, don't get involved in the silly game that some posters want to 'think' or 'create' that there is or should be a conspiracy around this board and the other one.

Some will use it to claim why certain things are said or happening........it isn't a freaking contest so don't buy into their dramas

I agree. I see someone has posted that another forum is only full of TM Banned members who are racists and bigots. Thats quite uncalled for as it is patently false

Some people may be surprised to learn you can actually sign up to one and more Message Boards and make contribution within each. There is no rule that says you can only belong to one.
(22-02-2020, 10:21 AM)Bob Wrote: Serious people, don't get involved in the silly game that some posters want to 'think' or 'create' that there is or should be a conspiracy around this board and the other one.

Agree, I dont care less what board people choose, i created this place to help the community and come up with a replacement, so did not have alot of time to prepare when i created this.
There seems to be a bit of this rivalry on from what ive read elsewhere, but all I say, is this is not the place to discuss it.
All I ask is please be patient, ive been spending alot of time to make this place better and am listening to feedback and want to implement SSL.
This might happen this weekend, so expect the board to go down for a good 24 hours while DNS changes over etc.
I will be switching to a dedicated webhost at the same time, just need to test the restore procedure of the database which im currently doing.
(22-02-2020, 10:26 AM)lindymf55 Wrote: Are you saying that it's happening on this site, or the other one?

I agree with you too. It is ridiculous and childish and unnecessary, and I certainly wouldn't want to see it on this site. It would be something to be proud of, to keep this site 'clean' of the rubbish.

You havent?  I take it you havent read the below thread. That thread was the first I saw to demean the other site.  Rolleyes

http://tmmb.co.nz/showthread.php?tid=4
Information 
BTW, the "other board" is NZ Issues

Feel free to swing by
I keep out of it, here to post my messages and talk to people who respond

the rest can take their drama somewhere else
nice Jewish boy ... from Fresh Meadows  Smile
[quote pid='599' dateline='1582329054']

(22-02-2020, 11:04 AM)fibre0ptic Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 10:26 AM)lindymf55 Wrote: Are you saying that it's happening on this site, or the other one?

You havent?  I take it you havent read the below thread. That thread was the first I saw to demean the other site.  Rolleyes

And the basis for you to turn it into a full blown conspiracy theory ..............you've probably actually created more tension and dram,a than anyone

[/quote]

By posting a link to a topic on this board and drawing your attention to it?  (this board needs a facepalm emoticon)
Keep it friendly guys, no point arguing over which board is better or worse, just enjoy the discussions and have fun
(22-02-2020, 12:02 PM)s.monkey Wrote: Keep it friendly guys, no point arguing over which board is better or worse, just enjoy the discussions and have fun

Perhaps you could include a section on how to correctly quote a post in Computing.  It's a PITA trying to reply to someone who doesnt know how to do it.
(22-02-2020, 12:07 PM)fibre0ptic Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 12:02 PM)s.monkey Wrote: Keep it friendly guys, no point arguing over which board is better or worse, just enjoy the discussions and have fun

Perhaps you could include a section on how to correctly quote a post in Computing.  It's a PITA trying to reply to someone who doesnt know how to do it.

Good idea, will do

Except Fibreoptic is over there accusing posters of trying to sabotage that board to try and make them come here........conspiracies/gossips don't help
(22-02-2020, 12:13 PM)Bob Wrote:

Except Fibreoptic is over there accusing posters of trying to sabotage that board to try and make them come here........conspiracies/gossips don't help
That's a lie Bob.  I made no mention of this board at all.
(22-02-2020, 11:09 AM)Deus vult Wrote: BTW, the "other board" is NZ Issues

Feel free to swing by
Tried that site for a while, did not like the vibe.
I am delighted to see fibreoptic here. I have this flat battery problem on my tablet...
(22-02-2020, 02:00 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am delighted to see fibreoptic here. I have this flat battery problem on my tablet...
Have you tried round ones or can it only take the flat ones? Tongue
(22-02-2020, 11:04 AM)fibre0ptic Wrote:

No, hadn't seen that one, so yeah, fair enough. Silly and childish really.
That thread has been locked. And as the title of this thread says, we don't want to get into some message board rivalry. Those who want to post there can do so, and those that prefer this board are welcome. Simple as that Smile
Thumbs Up 
Well done. It's good to see you mods/admin asserting your authority. You, and all of us, will be the better off for it. Also, it's great to be getting the explanations too.

Great job you guys/gals.

(22-02-2020, 12:27 PM)fibre0ptic Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 12:13 PM)Bob Wrote:

That's a lie Bob.  I made no mention of this board at all.
Perhaps not directly but the vibe of that thread was suspicion of that poster being from this board trying to create drama for a purpose...........

however if CountryCollie is trying to deter TM members and others from joining this site, he/she is doing a great job